Moonshine Stoker Blackout Cob - MM Reissue?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
When I saw this pipe, all I could think was, WOW and I want one!

Only to realize this was a special release only for the MuleTown Pipe Show held at BriarWorks in Columbia, Tennessee, last year.

The only thing that comes close is to get a Briarworks Moonshine Stoker, but that’s Briar and I want a cob like this.

I spoke to MM on the phone regarding a re-release of this, and to my surprise no one has inquired, showing interest over this.

Hmm I can’t believe I’d be the only one that would like to see this as a regular production pipe.

The reason I think, is because so many of us smoke a black pipe, black bowls are common place in the pipe world, which made me think many smokers would love this black look because I sure as Bleeping do! :)

Maybe we should get a Petition going and get MM to put this into production!

9400A3BC-9F98-4136-8061-F961FF7547E6.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Nice !! I like it. But I could absolutely stain my cob black and you could too for about 6 bucks. The stem is nothing special.

Maybe it’s just an illusion to how the cob bowl texture looks on this pipe in the picture, but I like what I see.

Also the shank has a wire texture to it, not sure the material, but I like that look too, I like that it’s shorter also.

The Dagner has a longer shank and metal band that I don’t like.

So it’s more that just staining one, it’s these aesthetic differences that appeal to me.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I just emailed MM, here is a copy of my email, that you can use as a Rough Draft, if you are at a loss for words! :)

——————————

Hello Missouri Meerschaum,

I am a member on the Pipesmagazine forum, and I made a post to stir up interest in the Pipe Community, in hopes of getting you to put this pipe in regular production.

Moonshine Stoker Blackout Cob - MM Reissue? :: Pipe Talk - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/moonshine-stoker-blackout-cob-mm-reissue.80558/#post-36242403

To my eyes I am not looking at any materials that are in rare, limited quantities to make such a production unreasonable to accomplish. I see a black stained bowl, shorter shank with a wired texture, and an acrylic stem.

When I look at the present pipe world, makers like Bay Sebastian, Suhr, and Eltang, Black Rustic Pipes are very popular, and when I look back over and consider the Pipe History, Black is a Dominant Color in the Pipe World, so in my mind, it just seems normal to offer the world a Black Cob!

I would absolutely love to buy several of these and pay what you ask for!

I see men the world over already smoking Black Briar Pokers, to know that this style will be popular and sell!

Please put the ‘Moonshine Stoker Blackout Cob’ into production!

Thank you very much for your time and consideration, I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Kind Regards

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Nice !! I like it. But I could absolutely stain my cob black and you could too for about 6 bucks. The stem is nothing special.
I have customized plenty of cobs. A bag of seven day seconds can be fun. I have some unique yard cobs. Seeing the natural textue of this one, I think I could do this with a MacAurthor natural. Wouldn't take too much.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
To be honest I would probably just mod a regular cob. But maybe if you get enough interest on the forums and enough money from everyone they might consider doing a special limited run, maybe? I have no idea how many pipes it would take to be worth their time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Their Country Gentleman nose warmer doesn't have as large a bowl, but it does have a tomato red stem. I like the special edition pipes with acrylic stems, since the regular stems don't last long for me. For a big bowl, I like their freehand, which also has an acrylic stem.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS, MM IS GOING TO MAKE THIS PIPE!

HERE IS A REPLY I RECEIVED BACK FROM MM!

——————————

Hi!

While the Moonshine Black Out Cob made it's premier at the Mule Town Pipe Show, it is an ongoing collaboration with BriarWorks International. There have been several factors that have slowed the production of more of those pipes the most pressing being the lack of the right size cobs. We have finished our harvest this year and have dried some of the right size cobs and are doing our part of the production process right now. We will be sending the cobs to BriarWorks for their part of the production very soon. These pipes will only be available from us and BriarWorks International and should be available in the near future. Keep an eye on their website and our website, www.corncobpipe.com.

Thanks!
Marilyn
Missouri Meerschaum Co.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I just emailed MM, here is a copy of my email, that you can use as a Rough Draft, if you are at a loss for words! :)

——————————

Hello Missouri Meerschaum,

I am a member on the Pipesmagazine forum, and I made a post to stir up interest in the Pipe Community, in hopes of getting you to put this pipe in regular production.

Moonshine Stoker Blackout Cob - MM Reissue? :: Pipe Talk - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/moonshine-stoker-blackout-cob-mm-reissue.80558/#post-36242403

To my eyes I am not looking at any materials that are in rare, limited quantities to make such a production unreasonable to accomplish. I see a black stained bowl, shorter shank with a wired texture, and an acrylic stem.

When I look at the present pipe world, makers like Bay Sebastian, Suhr, and Eltang, Black Rustic Pipes are very popular, and when I look back over and consider the Pipe History, Black is a Dominant Color in the Pipe World, so in my mind, it just seems normal to offer the world a Black Cob!

I would absolutely love to buy several of these and pay what you ask for!

I see men the world over already smoking Black Briar Pokers, to know that this style will be popular and sell!

Please put the ‘Moonshine Stoker Blackout Cob’ into production!

Thank you very much for your time and consideration, I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Kind Regards
if you want them to think it's in their best interests point out it's a reason for a cob collector to buy another cob. They don't have that much competition which might make them slack on the innovation or variety department.