PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
.....forgive the stupid question, but you can't smoke tobacco with mold? ....won't the flame burn off the mold??
Sure you can but I personally wouldn't risk it. The flame will burn a lot of the spores but think of all the spores that you are directly puffing on that aren't being destroyed by the flame. The mold can also throw off the flavor, a lot of time when you have mold on tobacco, it stinks really bad (not always though). It's a gamble on your health that I'm not willing to risk for any tobacco, I don't care what it is.... okay, maybe... MAYBE, if it was Condor, I might risk it. :LOL:

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Sure you can but I personally wouldn't risk it. The flame will burn a lot of the spores but think of all the spores that you are directly puffing on that aren't being destroyed by the flame. The mold can also throw off the flavor, a lot of time when you have mold on tobacco, it stinks really bad (not always though). It's a gamble on your health that I'm not willing to risk for any tobacco, I don't care what it is.... okay, maybe... MAYBE, if it was Condor, I might risk it. :LOL:
It’s not even always necessarily the mold itself that’s an issue. Many fungi and bacteria produce chemical toxins that can make you hella sick.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Reading this thread and the other "SG mold" threads prompted me to cancel the order I placed last night. I have plenty of old SG in the cellar and don't want to mess around with the possibility of a bad batch.

Hope those without signs of mold today will find the same tomorrow...

Reactions: Jwebb90
Status
Not open for further replies.