Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
moisture-noproblem.jpg

Solved. :laughat:

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
put the tobacco on a grate so that air can flow past it. Work real fast.

anthony

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I spread mine out on a paper towel, the paper towel soaks up the moisture and dries it out quick.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Looks like I need to buy a desk lamp, some paper towels, and an industrial fan to expedite the process. It's humid in Texas... I've left backy out for a week and couldn't get the dry crispyness I wanted. :crying:
I didnt want to smoke it crispy, just wanted to see how long it would take... I need to go desk lamp shopping!
Or lay it on a heat pad used for sore backs n stuff lol It's around here somewhere.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
I use a blow dryer. Works great but it is hell picking it all up around the room afterwards! :rofl:
Or buy a stainless steel strainer, use a blow dryer, hang it as a fob on your ceiling fan, or leave it in your car for a bit on a sunny day.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
I put the tobacco in a paper towel and put it facing my laptop ventilation fan for 15 mins only, it works great.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I use a heating pad. Place the tobacco on a paper towel on top of the heating pad. Put the heat control on it's lowest setting and let it go for 15 minutes at a time. Checking it's progress every 15 minutes.
I use Digital Temp and Humidity gauges where I store my Cigars and Pipe Tobacco. That tell's me where I'm at. I have a Dehumidifier down stairs where the Pipe Tobacco is stored ready to go if the humidity gets to high.
I bought some air tight containers for my bulk tobaccos. That made a big difference to. Great investment for tobacco that will set for awhile.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I fill the bowl of the pipe I want to smoke with my evening coffee, then remove the tobacco onto a paper plate and leave it there while I take a shower/take the dog out/brew the coffee. By the time I fill the bowl the tobacco is nice and dryish.

banjobob

Lurker
Feb 10, 2012
I have a buddy that puts his Boswell blends in a frying pan and carefully cooks out the excess moisture.

He says that works great ... for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.