Modern Meerschaum Pipes by High End Makers That Mostly do Briar Pipes.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I can vouch for Meerschaum Depot personally. I have known Ramazan both personally and I was one of his first big customers, stand up, honest guy.

taazen

Lurker
Jan 6, 2016
Finnsnes, Norway
I have several meers incl. an old Bauer, but I would rather want a ‘Hillmeer’: Best quality meerschaum pipe a la A. Bauer, but with decent vulcanite stem a la Dunhill/old Barling and in classic max. grp 4 size and shape...

I never heard of "Hilimeer, and I'll sure check him out, thanks. I was also thinking about "Arne Urup" who makes meerschaum pipes regularly, think he is Sweedish. One of the lightest meerschaum pipe is one by Amdreas Bauer. It's an straight pipe with army mount, silver ferrule and an amazing mouthpiece that looks like the nicest amber you would ever see. This is an older Bauer, and the meerschaum is so very light, never felt it could be so light. And it takes a nice and special color. I think it will look like the mouthpiece when its smoked all in, with wonderfull spots all over and so shiny. I also have a collection with the African meerschaum pipes, Tamzania and those likes. I'm also interested in knives and swords and cool stuff.
Sorry, it became little long. Hope someone found it interesting and all help and tips are much appreciated .
Kind regards
Thomas Aasen,Norway

Reactions: briarbuck

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
I never heard of "Hilimeer, and I'll sure check him out, thanks. I was also thinking about "Arne Urup" who makes meerschaum pipes regularly, think he is Sweedish. One of the lightest meerschaum pipe is one by Amdreas Bauer. It's an straight pipe with army mount, silver ferrule and an amazing mouthpiece that looks like the nicest amber you would ever see. This is an older Bauer, and the meerschaum is so very light, never felt it could be so light. And it takes a nice and special color. I think it will look like the mouthpiece when its smoked all in, with wonderfull spots all over and so shiny. I also have a collection with the African meerschaum pipes, Tamzania and those likes. I'm also interested in knives and swords and cool stuff.
Sorry, it became little long. Hope someone found it interesting and all help and tips are much appreciated .
Kind regards
Thomas Aasen,Norway
Sorry Taazen, I was just ranting about how these beautiful meers could be better smoking tools if they included what I find better stems. 'Hillmeer' (dunHillmeer) was just my own Franken-meer invention. If I was in the market for a new meer. The Andreas Bauer I have , also has the most beautiful amber stem but it is more appreciated in the looks than as a smoking tool.

Reactions: taazen

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
As far as I know, one or two others here have one Bekler abstract, you have four, I have seven, and that's it. I've posted mine many times, and wouldn't want to start a whole new thread. Please post yours right in this one! Here are mine, in the order I bought them. The titles are mine, based on my impressions of the pipes, and had to have a 1970s vibe.

"Picasso '74" is because the pipe is dated, and because the first Bekler abstracts I saw were the "Homage to Picasso" series in an 80s CAO catalog. This one is a Golden Horn, unsold stock resold by CAO, who didn't get hold of Mr. Bekler until 1977.
ECKVcId.jpg

"Les Fleur," Golden Horn era. Ignored this one on eBay for months before taking a closer look and pouncing.
GSdkKrc.jpg

"Blue," another Golden Horn. The seller's father owned two, and he always referred to them by the color of their velvet box cases, Red Box and Blue Box. Red Box was bigger and much crazier.
u7p8rbK.jpg

"Smooth Sailing." Unsigned CAO but couldn't have been carved by anyone else!
igBLNkt.jpg

"Coral," a VERY early signed piece.
A6Bvc1B.jpg

"Pisces," Golden Horn but VERY early, being pre-signature.
fhEt2eO.jpg

"Voluta" (Spanish for a spiral of smoke), from his earliest importer, Royal. Big and spectacular.
TScvbeY.jpg

Here are two views of 'Red Box,' which isn't mine.
RdZyj6X.jpg

TdWVxky.jpg

taazen

Lurker
Jan 6, 2016
Finnsnes, Norway
Thankyou, I remember you had a post of these before. I'll find them and take pictures to show as soon as possible. Have some different styles for sure. Beautiful pipes, really collectable and fine art.

Status
Not open for further replies.