PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Any recommendations for a baccy that delivers of modest, not overwhelming, hit of nicotine? Haven't smoked a cigarette in four years, ever since I picked up the pipe, but I'd like to try something with a bit more nicotine that the aromatics (no joking now) I usually smoke like Trout Stream, L 1Q, Dark Red, Cult. Something popular (less obscure and easier to find) and preferably an aromatic, if there's such a thing as an aromatic with extra nicotine. Recommendations don't have to be aromatic, but mild and mellow. Thanks!

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Have you considered adding something stronger to aros you like to give them more kick? :twisted:
I like to fortify aros with Kentucky forwards when I feel like a little more kick (Peter Stokkebye 314 Dark Fired and 83 Amsterdam play well with the pipe-full-o'-fun blends). Start 50/50, then adjust.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Ash digger, I'm not sure I understand the question. And thanks for the suggestions, everyone. It seems to me, now that you mentioned it, that War House gives a kick. I like the other suggestions as well and will write a list.o

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
War Horse Bar will set you free and then on your ass if you do not treat it with respect. Some say it is light-medium in nicotine but for me, I would give it a solid medium to medium-heavy. It is a favorite and recommended.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I go with what ophiuchus said. If you are enjoying the tobaccos you are smoking, sparrow, you might simply want to ratchet up the nic hit by doing a little mixing. Example; I love the flavor of Rattray's Black Mallory, but the strength does not satisfy me. So, I boost the blend with 30% Five Brothers (a strong Burley that absorbs the flavor of other blends but does not give off much of a flavor of its own).

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
I second what Pipestud recommended. 5 Brothers can really hop up the nicotine without doing much to the flavor of the aromatics that you enjoy. Try a little on its own for a huge nic hit!

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
5 Brothers, made when men were men and sheep were terrified. - Briarchief
That is a helluva an endorsement. I must find some of this to liven up Autumn Evening and Three Blind Mooses. I imagine it must open their eyes up a wee bit.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hey Fred, check this out.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/aromatics-with-strength

Status
Not open for further replies.