PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife orders me peanut butter from Amazon, Skippy's in the 64 ounce size. I have to surreptitiously go to another room if I want to put it on croissants or bagels. It makes her dizzy. Celery or sourdough are A-OK. She likes Trader Joe's with the oil on top, and in a pinch, I'll eat it too. This has been a mania since I was a tyke. I didn't want eggs for breakfast, so peanut butter on toast with bacon was accepted. Breakfast was high church as my house. No one left in the morning without breakfast.

I'm kind of fascinated by that pulverizer. That was to make samples to test for levels of what? How was it used? How did you keep the mineral residue from mixing with the peanut butter and endangering your teeth?

Last edited:
Reactions: boatme99

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
My wife orders me peanut butter from Amazon, Skippy's in the 64 ounce size. I have to surreptitiously go to another room if I want to put it on croissants or bagels. It makes her dizzy. Celery or sourdough are A-OK. She likes Trader Joe's with the oil on top, and in a pinch, I'll eat it too. This has been a mania since I was a tyke. I didn't want eggs for breakfast, so peanut butter on toast with bacon was accepted. Breakfast was high church as my house. No one left in the morning without breakfast.

I'm kind of fascinated by that pulverizer. That was to make samples to test for levels of what? How was it used? How did you keep the mineral residue from mixing with the peanut butter and endangering your teeth?
I was at a zinc mine. Yes, the machine (and everyting else in the lab) is dusty but the pulverizer bowls and rings are kept spotless to avoid cross contamination. The were washed after every use.
I was manic about keeping a clean a lab. Dusted and vauumed constantly and mopped the floor every shift.

We processed hourly samples from 3 areas.
Feed - the raw rock coming into the mill
Concentrate - the actual zinc after separation, about 3% - 6% of the total input
Tails - the left over material to check how much zinc was being lost in the process so the operaters could adjust systems for peak recovery

There are some videos on utoob if youre interested. Lokk up Nyrstar Gordonsville, tennessee mines. Not much on the mill but lots of underground stuff.

We had over 400 miles of tunnel to a depth of about 1400'

The rod mill in foreground, ball mill (fine grinding) in background
download (8).jpeg
underground
download (7).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.