Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
I noticed that the site was out of commission today.
Very sad to hear this, I have bought several pipes from him and have had nothing but great transactions with him.

I wish him the best.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
I think I bought three pipes from him. Something no one else has commented on so far, but I think his website was outstanding. The photographs were always as sexy as they could be. It was easy to move around on the site. Not all websites are as fine as his was. Of course, ditto the other comments he was an easy man to deal with.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I think I bought three pipes from him. Something no one else has commented on so far, but I think his website was outstanding. The photographs were always as sexy as they could be. It was easy to move around on the site. Not all websites are as fine as his was. Of course, ditto the other comments he was an easy man to deal with.
Yes, the photos were easy to view and navigate. Most of the time I use an iPhone. So a bunch of tiny tiles with photos is more of a pain to have to navigate through.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Some of my favorite pipes were ones he made.
He was a man of many talents and pipes were one of his loves.
I ordered a pipe from him once when he and his wife were down here in their winter quarters. Instead of shipping to me he asked if I wanted to meet him at a local ACE Hardware store & pick it up which is what we did.
Next time I bought one of his he invited me to his house.
Went there met his wife, showed me his shop, machinery, explained how you build a pipe. It was his winter down south shop.
Fantastic man, much more than a pipe man.
Wish him well on his well deserved retirement.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Have a few pipes I bought from his site and a really nice pipe he made for me a few years ago - such a great guy!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I obtained my birth year Dunhill from Dave; while I didn't buy much, I always loved his site. Congratulations Dave on your retirement, and thanks for all the great years as a trusted vendor!

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Yup, I got the same email and just had to buy one last pipe from him. Got a nice email from him in response to my wishing him well after many years doing business with him. Great guy and I’m excited for him but sad to see him close shop.

driftedshank1

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2018
As a satisfied customer, I too am sorry to learn that Dave is closing down. What I valued so much about his site is the way he gave the consumer really valuable and honest information about the condition of his pipes particularly with respect to drilling. Always willing to answer any and all questions, he is a real gentleman.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for all of these kind comments. (Just learned of this thread today). I'm happy to confirm that the reports of my demise were somewhat exaggerated, being that I'm only partially demised, still kicking and making pipes. MBSD Pipes is handing the sale of my inventory and will also be selling pipes of my make. They're good folks and I urge you to check out their offerings.

Thanks for the memories,

Dave

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Thanks for all of these kind comments. (Just learned of this thread today). I'm happy to confirm that the reports of my demise were somewhat exaggerated, being that I'm only partially demised, still kicking and making pipes. MBSD Pipes is handing the sale of my inventory and will also be selling pipes of my make. They're good folks and I urge you to check out their offerings.

Thanks for the memories,

Dave
Good for you, Dave. You ran a first class joint.
Enjoy your next ventures.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Ahi Ka

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
FWIW, the original title of the post was MKELAW is No More… Should have been intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer.

It didn’t say Dave is dead. But maybe if you read upside down, or looked at the reflection in a mirror… Played it backwards, IDK.

Reactions: Ahi Ka and jpberg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
FWIW, the original title of the post was MKELAW is No More… Should have been intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer.

It didn’t say Dave is dead. But maybe if you read upside down, or looked at the reflection in a mirror… Played it backwards, IDK.
I just hope he managed to capitalise on the small window when Dave neeb pipes were selling at 10x his usual prices due to the news of his demise.