PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
the bent Diplomat is for me, I order them 20 at a time. Smoke them at work, fishing, playing with dogs, driving, basically anytime not sitting on my couch. Going off that list I have stepped on many, dropped them off the boat, stepped on in yard, AND run over one with my truck. lot easier to see a cob ran over than one of my brars. Take my word on this , it is heartbreaking.
On a side note for New Cob users I love ALL their products but prefer ones with hard wood bottoms. I know this includes the Diplomat and Great Dane. When I started out I poked my pipe tool bar through a few Country Gentlemen models before switching my orders to hardwood bottom models. If you are not as clumsy as me this might not be a problem for you guys.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
It is expensive, I admit. However the pipe I ran over was over $180.00 in one CRUSH. So it is more an investment. Also at 1 a weekish rate I dont order often.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I love my cobs, but I have to say the cob freehand is my favorite, it smokes like a briar and a cob at the same time, with all the benefits of the cob. Hard to explain, but I love it

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
It is expensive, I admit. However the pipe I ran over was over $180.00 in one CRUSH. So it is more an investment. Also at 1 a weekish rate I dont order often.
Dude, you go through a cob with a hardwood plug at the bottom about once a week? 8O
Sounds like you're the most abusive pipe smoker on this side of the Mississippi. lol

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Now that we have that settled, I would like my trophy Spartan. In all honesty if I dont break, lose, give away, and it lasts 3 weeks. I almost want to have it bronzed.

smokinggun

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2011
I have a MM country gentleman and it's honestly the best smoker I got. It takes a beating and still smokes wonderfully. When I first got the pipe it was the only pipe I owned so I would smoke it all darn day never having a moisture problem. Still to this day I know I can rely on my MM for a real good smoke.
In my opinion cobs are under-rated, many people think that cobs because they are lower in price and not as fancy that they are not good pipes but that's all hog wash! I think everyone should have a few MM's in their collection they can use when they really need reliability.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
I did the math the other day and you can actually own the entire current MM collection for under $300 including the new Morgan which is a nose warmer but you have to call marylin to order one of those, of course I did as well as a couple of others.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
Just placed an order with Mars for my first MMs. Also grabbed a tin of Frog on the Town to try in one. Three pipes, a 50gm tin, a replacement cork knocker and shipping for $32. That could add a new level to the pleasure.
Note - Sometimes I think we use to many acronyms but at least with MM I do not have to find somewhere to cut so I can paste it as I could never get those two words right. Another good reason to live in TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.