PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
?This is great!?
I've already got a Shortstop, but I gotta add the 420 model... love the tiny carb hole on the side!

I was actually searched once after a cop saw a MM in my car. He said "real pipe smokers don't use those anymore, they care about their smoke so they use expensive briar wood pipes nowadays. When we see a corn cob, we know 90% of the time somebody's using it for the pot." In his defense, I was 16, and besides the occasional broken cigarette or TOPS ryo, I was definitely using it for the pot. Luckily my broke ass didn't have any on me at the time...
Ahhhh, good times with pipes.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yeh man... just fire that cob up in the park, and all the hippies go, "coooooool."
Hippie GIF - Find on GIFER
I’ve been there

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Yeh man... just fire that cob up in the park, and all the hippies go, "coooooool."
Hippie GIF - Find on GIFER
Anyone who has partaken of the green leaf knows that this photo has absolutely nothing to do with the effects of said green leaf. The activity in this video snippet requires far too much energy to be exerted. Now if you had them lying in a mud puddle, staring at the rain as it hit them in the eyes...

Anyone who has partaken of the green leaf knows that this photo has absolutely nothing to do with the effects of said green leaf. The activity in this video snippet requires far too much energy to be exerted. Now if you had them lying in a mud puddle, staring at the rain as it hit them in the eyes...
I’ll defer to your experiences... hippie

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Oh no, they jumped the shark.... It's a good marketing try for more $$, but I don't like it.
Why not? I hope they make a bundle. Every aspect of our industry, from tobacco to pipe makers, is under threat. Pot is becoming legal across the country. What is the big deal? It is a helluva less impactful than consuming the quantities of alcohol many here do....ahem, including myself.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Surprised this is so controversial for people. It's an obvious and probably well advised market decision for MM. Many of the tobacco conglomerates that sell the fine cigars and pipe tobaccos we have no problem buying also sell blunt wraps (for you boomers out there, that is a cigar wrapper with no filler, meant to be filled with the green stuff). Not only that, they sell them in flavors that are straight up candy.

Really no different, IMO, at least from an ethical standpoint. Maybe even better, since they aren't sold in kiddie fruit snack flavors like kiwi strawberry and grape smash or whatever the hell.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It came from the practice of emptying Blunt cigars to fill with weed and smoke secretly decades ago.

View attachment 77609
Yes, I am well aware, hahaha. I used the wrapper example because there is very little chance of plausible deniability for their intended use and market demographic as there is with actual cheap cigars such as swishers, dutchies, phillies, etc.

Believe it or not, people DO actually smoke those things as sold! I highly doubt anyone is buying kiwi strawberry wrappers and rolling their own cigars, hahaha.