PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I ordered a pipe to storient guys like a month ago. I have sent a couple of email requesting updates but received not reply. I really dont know what to do about it. Any clue?
Thanks,
D

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
If you didn't get a single reply, file a dispute with your CC or Paypal Immediately. I am not sure what the deal is with him. Your time for filing a dispute is running out.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I dint pay a cent yet. I just ask them to make a pipe for me and never heard of them again.
D

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Storient a former sponsor was exposed to be a fraud and was banned from the forum. If you did not pay any money consider yourself lucky. Some forum members paid in good faith and received nothing.
If you check the websites of our sponsors some of them may have Storient pipes in their inventory. You could buy one from them but it might be different than the one you wanted.
I hope all works out well for you.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Oh no!!!!!!! So no pipe for me!? It was going to be my first meer! :crying:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
According to his site he's only dealing with retailers now, no individual orders apparently...

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I would check inventory at Smoking Pipes, Pipes and Cigars and other sponsors of our forum.
The links to these companies and others are found on the left hand side of the homepage of the forum.
I hope this helps you to locate a pipe you might like.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
+1 to what everyone posted above, & am sure that if he is selling through the above retailers there is an agreement that he can't sell direct online direct.

Aug 14, 2012
Storient is a compulsive liar. He lies even when it isn't necessary. I wouldn't touch one of his pipes. Smokingpipes.com is a good reliable source.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
while researching our cruise this fall I ran across these meers and decided to take a chance. I order this guy and so far very happy. I got it quickly (considering it came from Turkey and I'm looking forward to buying another in person this fall.
store

lg_CL004_1.jpg

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
He stole $148 from me and walked away. lied to me long enough that now i can't get my money back. I wouldn't buy one of his pipes from ANY retailer.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Dear Harris,
We are sponsor of this lovely website as a meerschaumstore.com and also we are from Turkey.I dont agree with your thoughts.Not every company in Turkey is like Storient.This kind of things happen everywhere in Internet world.

We are in business since 1963 and this year is our 50 th of anniversary.
This kind of persons like the owner of storient gives harm the online business for sure.So my advice is buy the products from companies which have a long history background.The truth is that meerschaum business is getting more and more difficult as the most artisans are getting retired and also there are some difficulties in meerschaum mining.

Regards,

B.B

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Meerqueen, I am sorry if I offended you but I have heard many horror stories in regards to slow deliveries, not getting pipes that were promised, badly carved pipes from other companies besides just Storient coming from Turkey. I don't know your company and I hope you are doing the right thing, but as a consumer, I personally would rather deal with a US company that has a long history of taking care of it's customers. There is also an issue in regards to shipping times from your country. If it takes 6-8 weeks to get a pipe, then companies like paypal will not give your money back if there is a problem. When dealing with a US company and getting a delivery in 3-4 days, the consumer now has plenty of time to deal with any issues that may arise. I hope you understand my comment was not directed at you personally, it is just one guys opinion is all.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I believe Turkey has banned exports of their meerschaum blocks. Since Turkey is the site of the world's chief meerschaum desposits, getting white meerschaum pipes without going through a Turkish company seems like it would be more difficult these days.
I know there is black meerschaum in africa, but it's supposedly rare. What interests me is that there are known meerschaum deposits in Pennsylvania and the Carolinas - I wonder if there are any pipe producers exploiting that source?

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I bought meerschaum pipes from Turkey numerous times and was happy with each and every transaction. And I wouldn't hesitate to to it again...just not with that Storient fellow.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,
We try to keep stock for our many pipes but as our products are handmade and well carved from workmanship perspective sometimes it takes more time to send the pipes to customer.Especially for customised works.
There are just a few artisan left who is doing the things right.For example our master artisan tekin can carve only 20-30 figural or claw or floral pipes in a month.He care of what he does and he is very picky.And also we all here are very careful about the quality of the pipes.
but our all orders always are sent to customer without any exception.Otherwise this is called theft.

And Also as you said there is 45 days limit for paypal to open a dispute file.But after 45 days if you apply to paypal,Paypal always take care of this disputes and file them.If there are many customers who complains about the same company then i believe that paypal does not keep this company in its network and cancel the sellers account.
And also if the pipe in stock we send the product immediatly with UPS and you got your pipe within 3-4 days.We has the lower UPS shipping fee for international orders.It is just $18.95 to USA with UPS express shipping.Many sellers request $50-$60 for such a UPS delivery.
If we have been in business since 1963,probably we are doing the things in a good way :) .Of course as any people or company there are somethings that we do wrong.But we always try to correct them
Regarding the meerschaum deposits in USA;yes there are deposits in USA,Africa and even some european countries.But the purest and most quality one is in Eskisehir/Turkey :) Even in Eskisehir we have several different quality meerschaum blocks.I classify them into 6 levels. 5 and 6 is come from Sarısu and Kozlubel(margi) villages. below level 4 your meerschaum can be broken during smoking.
Regards,

B.B

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Dear Rothnh,
As you said finding the meerschaum pipes is not difficult nowadays but the difficult thing is that finding the pipes which is made of premium block meerschaum.Another issue is that the workmanship is not good on many pipes.

We are now classifing our products as "grade of block" and "grade of workmanship" .this is really a necessity if you trust your product.

Regards,

B.B

Status
Not open for further replies.