PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
For some reason, I expected to see a post about the small-tin sampler packs that Dunhill used to offer at Christmas in the early 1980s. As I recall you could get a Christmas-themed sleeve of 6 blends in small tins—complete with tin art—that maybe held .5oz each of Dunhill’s top sellers.

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
For some reason, I expected to see a post about the small-tin sampler packs that Dunhill used to offer at Christmas in the early 1980s. As I recall you could get a Christmas-themed sleeve of 6 blends in small tins—complete with tin art—that maybe held .5oz each of Dunhill’s top sellers.
I was of the same mind. I have a few of those bouncing around...

mosin1932

Lurker
Jan 10, 2023
I like the idea of loading them up with some flakes, I have an old style square Erinmore tin I use for plugs and flakes but even that is too thick for the pocket. Let us know how it holds moisture, I cleaned out some chew cans really well in hopes of finding the perfect pocket-sized tobacco container but they ended up drying out MUCH quicker than I would have thought.

Reactions: didimauw

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like the idea of loading them up with some flakes, I have an old style square Erinmore tin I use for plugs and flakes but even that is too thick for the pocket. Let us know how it holds moisture, I cleaned out some chew cans really well in hopes of finding the perfect pocket-sized tobacco container but they ended up drying out MUCH quicker than I would have thought.
I'm not really expecting them to keep the tobacco moist. I already dry my tobacco out before going out for the day. Like crunchy dry. But I could do a test with some moist tobacco.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
A little Georgia Satellite nod to laugh at. 😁

Seriously though, they look like the vintage aspirin tins that used to be sold in gas stations. Pay for an entire bottle but get about 1/4 of the aspirin.

• Haha
Reactions: BarrelProof

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I get empty Camel Snus tins from a buddy at work. Clean them out with alcohol once or twice to get rid of the ghosting.they have the same “rubber” seal as pipe tins and mason jars, and hold a couple/few bowls each.
These are straight out of today’s lunchbox. Not classy, but effective.
7C254B92-28A5-402E-8A54-761FE5819FA7.jpeg

Soap supply store near me also has 4oz slip lid tins that do well for up to a week. Holds a good amountBAE440CA-211B-47F6-8051-36667F6E0DDE.jpeg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I get empty Camel Snus tins from a buddy at work. Clean them out with alcohol once or twice to get rid of the ghosting.they have the same “rubber” seal as pipe tins and mason jars, and hold a couple/few bowls each.
These are straight out of today’s lunchbox. Not classy, but effective.
View attachment 213029

Soap supply store near me also has 4oz slip lid tins that do well for up to a week. Holds a good amountView attachment 213030
I like the snus tin idea! Especially for those who want moist tobacco.

Reactions: Sobrbiker
Status
Not open for further replies.