Middleborogh, MA, Bar Harbor, ME pipe shops?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Good morning all,

My wife and I will be leaving at the end of this week from Canada to just south of Boston to a KOA campground with an RV we’ve rented.

Aside from Peretti’s in Boston, can you recommend a few places where the RV might happen to stumble upon by accident on purpose?

We will be heading south from Ottawa through Utica, Albany on the 90 to just under Boston to Middleborough.

After a few days there, we’ll be heading north towards Freeport and Portland, Maine to shop then continue to Bar Harbor, ME where we’ll be for a few nights.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

28’ foot RV so not a lot of maneuverability to be had!

Reactions: ofafeather

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Not exactly on your route, but Cup O Joes is a little more than an hour north of Albany (all four lane), and Park Lane Tobacconists is in Clifton Park, maybe twenty miles north (of Albany).

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Around Boston you already mentioned Peretti’s but there is also Watch City Cigar and Wilke (don’t know the name of his shop. Maybe someone can help). All three shops are renowned blenders plus carry other products as well. You won’t be able to buy flavored tobacco in Mass. I second the trip to NY. NY excise tax on tobacco is pretty high but Cup O Joes will have most major blends and pipe brands. Edleez and Park Lane are both nice shops.

Reactions: rokerdepipe

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Around Boston you already mentioned Peretti’s but there is also Watch City Cigar and Wilke (don’t know the name of his shop. Maybe someone can help). All three shops are renowned blenders plus carry other products as well. You won’t be able to buy flavored tobacco in Mass. I second the trip to NY. NY excise tax on tobacco is pretty high but Cup O Joes will have most major blends and pipe brands. Edleez and Park Lane are both nice shops.
I might have to bring a few tins of flavoured tobacco with me in case I run into some fellow pipe smokers!

• Haha
Reactions: ofafeather

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
As mentioned above Watch City is in Framingham which is slightly west of Boston and quite near the mass pike (which also makes rte 93 and rte 128 (I95) easily accessible. Wilke is not anywhere near where you are going. Peretti is great but do not attempt to reach it in an RV or camper (high traffic, narrow streets, no parking, grouchy Bostonians). Enjoy the trip!

Tommydawg

Lurker
Jul 4, 2021
Pepperell MA
Good morning all,

My wife and I will be leaving at the end of this week from Canada to just south of Boston to a KOA campground with an RV we’ve rented.

Aside from Peretti’s in Boston, can you recommend a few places where the RV might happen to stumble upon by accident on purpose?

We will be heading south from Ottawa through Utica, Albany on the 90 to just under Boston to Middleborough.

After a few days there, we’ll be heading north towards Freeport and Portland, Maine to shop then continue to Bar Harbor, ME where we’ll be for a few nights.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

28’ foot RV so not a lot of maneuverability to be had!
If you’re into cigars, there’s a good shop in bar harbor. It presents as a head shop, however. But if you start chatting with the owner, he’ll pull out some really high end hard to find cigar gems from behind the counter. Not a place for browsing though.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Tommydawg

Lurker
Jul 4, 2021
Pepperell MA
If you’re into cigars, there’s a good shop in bar harbor. It presents as a head shop, however. But if you start chatting with the owner, he’ll pull out some really high end hard to find cigar gems from behind the counter. Not a place for browsing though.
I’m so dumb. Disregard what I said. That shop I was thinking of is in Boothbay Harbor, not Bar Harbor….