PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
A friend and I sampled Longbottom leaf, shortcut to mushrooms, and old. Toby tonight. Here are my modest opinions on the blends.
Longbottom leaf: pleasant smell right out of the bag. It burned moderately cool and had a nice taste and room note. It reminded me a great deal of the last time I smoked a Romeo e Julietta cigar. Good but not spectacular.
Shortcut to mushrooms: This blew my mind. It was cool, dry, and smooth. I was stunned by how mild but flavorful the smoke was. It is aptly named because it is very remenisant of eating fresh uncooked mushrooms.
Old Toby: it smells like caramel out of the sample bag. I was eager to give it a try but the smoking experience was less than enjoyable. We both found it to be difficult to keep lit (even after some time drying). I didn't give it much of a chance because it bit me hard. Two hours later my tongue is still sore.
We plan to try ruins of isengard and treebeard next Friday. Ill give my thoughts on them then. Can anyone recommend other blends similar to shortcut to mushrooms?

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I gave old toby another try and it bit me again. I'm thinking I may be a latakia guy (assuming other lat's smoke like shortcut did).

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I have several ounces of Shortcut to Mushrooms , and enjoy it VERY much. It does strike me odd the people that get the mushroom taste. I have seen it posted several times. I just assumed it was a name, as I have never gotten the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.