PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I’m sorry. I just want all these geriatric rock and rollers to fade away.
Interfering your hopes for a Taylor Swift tour in your area? :ROFLMAO:
But in all seriousness I get it, I feel the same way about most of the politicians in off, at least bands do it for .. ok they do it for the money as well but at least we have a choice if we want to deal with or pay attention to the bands, the politician leeches we seem to be stuck with. Now that i think about it so many deep similarities, yet the bands i can ignore and they don't have a direct effect on my life.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I’m sorry. I just want all these geriatric rock and rollers to fade away.

Depends on the style of music. Some of the singer/songwriter variety for example, I still think are ok to be continuing on into their elderly years. But something like the Stones, I agree...Jagger lost his ability to actually sing a long time ago imo. Whenever I've heard him in later years it sounds to me like he's just talking the lyrics.

And the type of stage antics he engages in are mostly just an embarrassing spectacle for anyone even over 40...but over 80? Ridiculous.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
At least with the Rolling Stones, they flat out do it for the money, and something Trump grabs with a bare hand. I'm sure they will go away once they don't get the money. The others, politicians, money yeah. But at certain age? Maybe some pretty nurse spoon feeding them the jello.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Depends on the style of music. Some of the singer/songwriter variety for example, I still think are ok to be continuing on into their elderly years. But something like the Stones, I agree...Jagger lost his ability to actually sing a long time ago imo. Whenever I've heard him in later years it sounds to me like he's just talking the lyrics.

And the type of stage antics he engages in are mostly just an embarrassing spectacle for anyone even over 40...but over 80? Ridiculous.
Yeah. John Prine, rest his soul, could’ve put out a record when he was 90, and it would’ve been terrific.
Rock and Roll? No, just stop when you’re 30. Done. Thank you.

Merton

Lifer
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
The national Lampoon TV Dinner John Lennon parody "Genius is Pain" is based upon Lennon's over the top interview with Jan Wenner. It references Mick's moves. I am not endorsing Lennon's 1971 (?) viewpoint but it is well done and more than 50 years later, Mick remains extraordinary.
I saw the Stones in 1972 during their "Sticky Fingers" Tour and clearly remember going to the concert as I thought that this would be the last time that the Stones would come around, the Beatles having already dissolved. Great show, now more that half a century ago. BTW, Stevie Wonder opened and was fantastic.
On the other hand, I admire Grace Slick!

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Interfering your hopes for a Taylor Swift tour in your area? :ROFLMAO:
But in all seriousness I get it, I feel the same way about most of the politicians in off, at least bands do it for .. ok they do it for the money as well but at least we have a choice if we want to deal with or pay attention to the bands, the politician leeches we seem to be stuck with. Now that i think about it so many deep similarities, yet the bands i can ignore and they don't have a direct effect on my life.
Hey, don't diss Tay Tay. If nothing else she's good eye candy.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I saw him booed in Canada after shilling for a certain douche bag.
LOL! I saw that. He didn't get the reaction he was expecting so tried to save it by mentioning how well the Canadian soccer team did. Reminded me of WWE babyface wrestlers who mention the local sports team of whatever town they're in, so they can get a cheer👏