PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
On Tuesday I posted that I'd be in the Albuquerque area on Wednesday. I offered to meet up with forum members and smeig (Chad) took me up on the offer.
He called yesterday and we made plans to meet at Stag Tobacconists in the evening. I found the shop and met up with Chad and his dad. I also found that I knew the pipe smoker working behind the counter as I had met him at the West coast pipe show a couple years ago.
It was a good time, all be it too short. We talked about pipes, pipe making and just had a good discussion in general. We also did some swapping of tobacco samples and then Chad and his dad had to leave.
I stayed and talked till I was asked to leave (In a nice way) as the shop needed to close.
I'll be here a few more days I think and plan on making another trip or two up to the shop. If you ever get into Albuquerque, I highly suggest you visit the shop. It's only about 4 miles off I40.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
It was and I'm heading home tomorrow. Going to meet a couple other pipe smokers I talk to in Tulsa on the way home. Another great meet coming on Saturday morning then on home. The wife and dog will be glad to see me.
Steve

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
It's always fun to meet up with other forum members and to go to some of the sponsors location. Just came off vacation from Myrtle Beach and I stopped by Low Country Pipes and Cigars, better known as smoking pipes.com. As usual the customer service was great, bought a few sticks and some pipe tobacco, (no pipes this time) but drooled on all of them, (kidding) that place is very dangerous for me. Had a greaty time there. If in the area please stop in, You'll not be sorry you did. :puffy:

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Well, I'm heading out from here this morning some time and plan on driving thru to Tulsa, about 650 miles. I'll stay the night and then meet up with a couple pipe smokers I know from that area Saturday some time in the morning before driving the rest of the way home.
Can you tell I enjoy meeting new pipe smokers every chance I can.
Sometimes they are people I've talked to before, sometimes not. Either way it's always fun.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I am active in Yahoo Pipe Smokers 2. We had a couple of meetups a few years back, focused around legendary Michigan pipe shops. Had one very successful one where we ate lunch and then went to Campbell's in East Lansing, and then a smaller one where we went to Paul's in Flint. Never did do one around Maison Edwards in Ann Arbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.