PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Well, I guess I've drawn myself into this (and I should have known better) but I in no way meant this as an insult, or to downgrade your product in any way. But, you said it yourself sir. You are making your pipes 'with your own carvers'. You are importing/exporting. You missed my point, as what I meant was looking for the masters, like Baki, Tekim, Emin Brothers, Tanik, Sevket and some others.

Believe it or not Sir, I have several of your pipes, and some are real nice pipes but it's hit and miss on weather any of them were made by you personally.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-meerschaums

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Well, sorry my original question has caused some controversy. I am a first time meershaum buyer and just needed some advise. I understand that meershaum owners and sellers are proud of their pipes. Those who sell meershaums as a business want the buyer to be pleased, so I'm sure things will work out with my order. I'll post pictures when I get my pipe. Thanks for the helpful comments.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
@storient... Thank You Sir for your post. To be vindicated by a meerschaum expert/exporter from Istanbul is very sweet music. I knew of your brand but didn't know the whole story... We will be watching for your website to be up and running and wish you luck in your new adventure.

I have work from some of the masters you mentioned, but you listed some names that are new to me, so I'll have to find some examples of their work as I'm always looking to add to my collection. In fact, I have a new pipe on the way from Eskisehir made by Emin, it should arrive Tuesday.

I actually got to spend some time in Istanbul and Eskisehir in the early 80's and bought a small block of meerschaum to carve my own pipe. I had the bowl and shank pre-drilled and it didn't turn out to bad. Just a simple billiard shape but I have been smoking it for about 30 years.
I want to thank you again sir for educating us with good information. I'm sure all of this has made us more informed pipe enthusiasts!
TopD

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I had no idea... I will find it. The Emin Brothers make good pipes. I have no idea how many brothers

are involved or if they have all obtained master status... I know at least one has. But I will find out about the rest and how many there are. I heard there were two, and also maybe three. I will find out
Thank You so much!

Great smokes to you also Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.