PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
Are there any pipe or stem makers on here who could make me a new stem for one of my meerschaum? Altinay must have had a really unexperienced stem maker working because the new pipe came with a totally jacked up crooked stem. Not what I usually get from them but whatever. Altinay said they would correct it but I would have had to send it back and it would have cost me more than the pipe in shipping costs.

Reactions: didimauw

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Are there any pipe or stem makers on here who could make me a new stem for one of my meerschaum? Altinay must have had a really unexperienced stem maker working because the new pipe came with a totally jacked up crooked stem. Not what I usually get from them but whatever. Altinay said they would correct it but I would have had to send it back and it would have cost me more than the pipe in shipping costs.
Dear Sir,
I found our correspondence on the subject on November 16, 2021 (exactly 2 years ago).
Frankly, I had a hard time remembering the topic.
Since it's been a long time, I thought you didn't remember the issue exactly, so I wanted to make a correction.
When you reported the fault to me, I apologized, stating that I had missed it while checking.
I then stated that you can return it if you wish, send it back for correction, or we can make up for it by you keeping the pipe. (So I didn't mention shipping costs.)
And you said you loved the pipe and there was no need for a return or anything.

As Altınay family, our priority is always customer satisfaction.
If we make a mistake, we always accept it and strive to prevent it from happening again.
Thanks for your understanding.

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
Dear Sir,
I found our correspondence on the subject on November 16, 2021 (exactly 2 years ago).
Frankly, I had a hard time remembering the topic.
Since it's been a long time, I thought you didn't remember the issue exactly, so I wanted to make a correction.
When you reported the fault to me, I apologized, stating that I had missed it while checking.
I then stated that you can return it if you wish, send it back for correction, or we can make up for it by you keeping the pipe. (So I didn't mention shipping costs.)
And you said you loved the pipe and there was no need for a return or anything.

As Altınay family, our priority is always customer satisfaction.
If we make a mistake, we always accept it and strive to prevent it from happening again.
Thanks for your understanding.
Thank you for the response, I do like the pipe, I'm just shopping for a new stem. As I stated in my post I'm not trying to say anything negative about altinay pipes. I will definitely buy more in the future. It's just a shame the shipping costs back to turkey were unreasonable or I most certainly would have sent it to you for the correction.

Reactions: didimauw