PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Not a bulldog fan by any means, but that's a great find! Had no idea Medico ever made a meerschaum. I'd send that one to Briarville and let them work their magic.
Was planning to as I got claw meer that needs a new stem. Been smoking it tonight after a light cleaning. It didn’t need much to make it smokeable just some pipe cleaners down the stem and shank. The bowl was pretty clean. I assume the prior owner wiped the bowl out after every smoke.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I really have to be careful about reading too many threads on this website.
Nabbed this at a still alright price of $50. Also 14k gold banded, filtered, and a nice amount of coloring. No box.
Some light surface crackling, but it seems more part of the meerschaum than damage, we'll see when she gets here. Gonna have to learn how to properly clean and sterilize one of these bad boys now.
DG5mZ8H.png

Es0teric

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2021
Downriver Area of Michigan
These Medico meerschaums are amazing smokers. I have 2, an apple and a billiard. They are hands down my most cherished pipes that I own & smoke.

I am always trying to find more of them to purchase and smoke but they are quite rare.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
African meers are always of pressed meerschaum, Not totally sure from the picture that this is pressed meerschaum but if I had to hazard a guess I would say so.

Reactions: anotherbob

Es0teric

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2021
Downriver Area of Michigan
The 2 Medico Meerschaums I own appear to me to be real block meerschaum. I have smoked Pressed meers and Block meers and there is a big difference and my Medicos smoke like Block. I will post a picture of them when I get home.

Reactions: username

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
African meers are always of pressed meerschaum, Not totally sure from the picture that this is pressed meerschaum but if I had to hazard a guess I would say so.
That is simply not true. African meer shows up all the time marked block meerschaum. It is denser and slightly less porous than Turkish meer, but is also slightly more robust. Tanganyika meer, Amboseli basin meer - are all block. "Kiko - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/Kiko": "Laxey Pipes Ltd. - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/Laxey_Pipes_Ltd"; et al....