PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sholto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 18, 2019
Kansas & (occasionally) Kendal, UK
I really enjoy Mcconnell's Scottish Blend but I'm finding it's difficult to find online sellers with any stock. The few I do find have very limited quantities and have been buying it piecemeal like this for a while. Does anyone have any information on the future of this fine blend?

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I can't speak to the future but when I was at Iwan Ries they had a decent selection of McConnell. I grabbed a tin of Red Virginia to try. Scottish Blend is very nice as well.

Oct 7, 2016
Be careful. Ries has to report out of state sales to the state of Illinois, which gives that information to other (some, not all)states. Those states then send you a bill for their taxes at a (much) later date. I love Ries, the Levi family is wonderful, but they are in a difficult situation.

sholto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 18, 2019
Tophat is another new one to me oldgeezer. I managed to add 10,000 tins to my cart so I guess their web site doesn't integrate stock control. Looks like they have Chonowitsch T17 too I'll give them a call next week and see what they have for quantities. Thanks.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I ordered 12 tins of McConnell’s blends yesterday from 2 different sites, one mentioned above. It’s getting harder to find, but it’s there if you do your homework.

sholto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 18, 2019
Well I scored a few tins of Scottish Blend and the last two tins of Original Oriental from Boswell's. Also a tin of Black Mallory and various Sammy G. Very impressed with their service and delivery times.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Iwan Ries is a grand old pipe and tobacco retailer and I recommend them. They are a little steep on even basic shipping, and they do charge state sales tax, just to know in advance, but I've never had a mistake on a order. My op system is gimpy, but when I finally get a new device, I'll shop with them again.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Be careful. Ries has to report out of state sales to the state of Illinois, which gives that information to other (some, not all)states.

New Jersey also...2 tax bills this year $70...Not buying from IR&C anymore.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The best I can say is that it is what it is. Any small house blender worth their weight is going to be hard to come by these days. I miss it too, I remember when I could go buy 20 tins of Lat Flake basically any time I felt like it. Those days are long gone, it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.