PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagpiper

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
I often like to smoke a pipe after dinner, and many times have nothing else to eat after finishing a bowl before brushing my teeth & going to bed. I picked up a few McClelland tins - FMOTT, 3 Oakes Syrian, & Holiday Cheer - all of which I really enjoy. Especially the 3 Oakes Syrian. However, if I smoke any of the McClellands in the evening then go to bed, I wake up with the worst taste in my mouth. It's not a "smoker's mouth" taste. It's sickeningly sweet and tastes like antifreeze and it makes me nearly gag. I can't seem to brush it away and it isn't until I eat breakfast that it starts to dissipate. I guess I'll have to start smoking my McClelland blends earlier. Anyone else have this issue?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
It might be impertinent, but do you scrape your tongue before bed? My dentist gave me a scraper, he said that it is a good idea for smokers to do aa scraping each time they brush because of residue buildup between their taste buds. It enhances the flavors again when I do smoke, eat, etc. Otherwise, perhaps you found the magical combination of tobacco to make antifreeze from, lol. :wink:

bagpiper

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
I guess I'll have to try eating before bed and scraping my tongue. It's definitely weird. This doesn't happen with any of the other aros or English blends I have tried from other makers, nor does it happen if I smoke McC blends in the middle of the day. Thanks for all your replys!

Status
Not open for further replies.