PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
So for my Birthday today, my wife took me to my local B&M to get $25 worth of tobacco. Here in NY State that doesn't go very far but it did get me a tin on McClelland Grand Orientals: Classic Samsun and some more of Dunhill's Elizabethan Mixture. I really like the Samsun and wondered if anyone has tried any of the other blends in this line. If so, are there any others I have to try? Thanks.
-Jason

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
First of all, happy birthday.
I must say that Classic Samsun is such a lovely blend. I highly recommend Drama Reserve for you because even though both Samsun and Drama are considered Orientals, each blend has its own unique side. (e.g: Drama has dark chocolate flavor..)
However, I still have to smoke a few more bowls of that guy to dig more out of it.

vegasblue

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2012
Black sea sokhum is good, I also like the katerini but every now and then i taste a hint of some kind of kitchen spice. I have a tin of smyrna No.1 that I'm looking forward to. I hope to try the rest of the series soon.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Happy birthday! Dunhill Elizabethan? Has this 'baccy been rebooted or is it some of the old stuff? One of the all time classic VaPers. Jealous!

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Happy Birthday Jason. I just ordered 4 of the Grand Orientals from Pipes and Cigars. I like the Yendije Supreme, and looking to try Drama Reserve, Katerini Classic, Smyrna no 1, and Yenice Agonya. Should be here tomorrow.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Happy birthday !
You're not helping my TAD btw...
I've never tried any of the series, but my Belgian contact who's helping me expand my Hilson collection loves the Classic Samsun. Considering it's so expensive over there I promised him a tin. So that, combined with the PAD for a St.Patrick's day Pete is really making my hand itch to click the "add to cart" buttons. I now want to try the Classic Samsun in a new Pete...

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for all the suggestions! My TAD list just grew exponentially.
loborx - This particular B&M has some OOP blends and the also have a bunch of Dunhill blends in bulk.
-Jason

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Happy Birthday, Jason!

I also recommend the whole line of Grand Orientals, they're all great.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Grand Orientals = truth in advertising--they're all quite intriguing blends, wonderful smokes.

Any more of that Elizabethan Mixture? I've been trying to get my paws on some for a while, and actually mis-bid (typed the wrong item number) on a recent eBay auction--I won the wrong tin :crying: and ended up with Dorisco Mixture from Fox; it's a great blend but not what I intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.