PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
Hi. Anyone know anything about Mauro Armellini? Any feedback will be of great interest.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have an Armellini poker that I picked up from Lonestar on this site and I am very happy with it!! Nice thick walls that I use for my VA blends.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I have a few... I'm smoking an Armellini Verona bent billiard right now. I think they are fine smokers, and the Verona is my dedicated VA pipe.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Sorry but this topic title is morbidly funny - Mr Armellini died in 2004, and the brand was continued by his family members. Mauro is not okay! Some of the pipes are certainly beautiful.
If memory serves, there was also an issue at some point a few years ago with "fake" Armellini pipes floating around. I'll have to go and check on that and refresh my memory.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I have one and am currently saving up to get a second one. I love it.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I now have 2 of these pipes and will be purchasing more. My favorite pipes of all time right now!

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
The following is quoted from italianpipes.com/artisans it gives a history of his self taught methods to when he worked for Savinelli then opening his own workshop.. RIP Mauro Armellini
This is a pic of one of his pipes in my collection.. It's huge and barely smoked and yes it's a great smoker. It's a Europa

Mauro Armellini stands for the true meaning of self-made and self-taught pipe makers. He started his pipe making career back in the early 1960s, working at the famous Italian pipe factory "Rossi". Years later, and when the Rossi factory shut its door, Armellini moved to Savinelli where he stood out immediately. He perfected the rustication technique and till today some of the most famous rusticated finishes, such as the "Roccia" and the "Corallo" exist only thanks to him. He worked for Savinelli for several years and till the day he realized that he decided to create his own workshop and make pipes under his own name. At those times, and in spite of the fact that the pipe market was huge, it was a big risk to start his own pipe brand, due to the costs involved and the difficulty of obtaining the right equipment and tools.
Once the name Armellini found its rightful place on a piece of briar, Armellini never looked back. Thanks to his friend and neighbor, Alberto Paronelli, he was able to attract foreign markets, such as the US one and that of other European countries. Armellini's four daughters slowly and gradually became involved in the business by lending their dad a helping hand whenever possible. However, it was Wilma that became truly interested in the business and gradually became her father's right hand, not only in the administrative aspect of the business, but also, and above all, the actual pipe making in all its various stages. Indeed, and many years later, Armellini retired from full-time pipe making, and it was Wilma who took over.
When Armellini passed away recently, it was natural, and yet very difficult, for Wilma to decide and continue the Armellini production, according to her father's own standards and vision. What encouraged her is the fact that for over 20 years she had been making pipes, from A to Z, and so, she knew that the quality Armellini has always been known for could and would continue.
Today, in the small town Barasso, in northern Italy, Wilma and her 20-year-old son are running the workshop and producing all of the Armellini pipes. Matteo, Wilma's son, is an enthusiastic young man with a love for pipes and pipe making that he could have only inherited from his grandfather. He's determined to carry on and keep alive his grandfather's pipe making tradition while creating new shapes and finishes that he is confident his grandfather would be proud of.
Today the name Armellini bears the dreams, the dedication, the passion, and the pipe making talent and expertise of three different generations, united by one objective: Offering the best pipes possible, out of the best material possible, at the lowest price possible.
The legacy lives on ...
Mauro Armellini passed away of natural causes in 2004

winepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2016
I've been trying to find information about the marking, "Manager di Mauro Armellini." I'd really appreciate any info you folks can share.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I like mine

28bba09.jpg

winepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2016
Thank you, Pipe Monk; I understand the Italian. I'm wondering about the, "Manager" designation and haven't been able to find any information on it.

Do any of you have one marked, "Manager"?

Status
Not open for further replies.