Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Working on it but not getting anything I am happy with. Might have to get someone with a better video recording set up to help me. But I have not forgot about it. And for those that have. It's about me showing how to use a match outdoors in the wind without any external wind breaks. It's all about how to cup the hands around the rim while also getting the match lit (which that's the trickiest part).

Reactions: yanoJL

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Hey anotherbob, yeah I was actually thinking of this the other day while going through my box of matches and not getting one lit one near the bowl!!!! I’ll happily wait for it, no panic! And thanks for the effort!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
IMG_2566.gif
A ‘Video Tutorial’ on how to light a match?? Surely not!!
Faarking Hell, kids today don’t know nothing! Lol

Unless you’re completely useless, it really isn’t that difficult. With a quick deft of hand, after striking your match ‘cup’ both hands, holding the matchbox on top of ones pipe & light away.

If I’m on top of a mountain & it’s blowing a gale, I take off my Barbour jacket & place it over my head & do as above.

If you’ve only got one match left, then you’ll be forced to ‘split’ a match.
An old trick favoured by Scott & Shackleton, worked a treat on the plateau of the South Pole, after their tents had blown away in the fierce winds.
IMG_3659.jpeg

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian