Mason Jars - 12 Pks. Buy One, Get One Free. Only $7.00 Shipping.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Blain's Farm & Fleet has jars for BOGO on these specific jars only with $7.00 shipping.

I tested it out by putting 8 cases in my cart and the shipping was still only $7.00

Again, it's only for this specific size jar. half pint - 8 oz. wide mouth.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
These are made in ....yup..China. Inferior quality, IMO .. moreso for canning (which I do) but I wouldn't use even them for storing tobacco either as the lids tend to leak (or never seal) Many of these crack under heat as well. I'd be cautious of these and other knock-offs. Ball and Kerr are still the most reliable.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I agree to buy either Ball or Kerr, which are both made by the same company, and take the same lids, except Ball has a fancy pattern on it and Kerr is plain.

But it just ain’t fair, immatellenya, it ain’t fair!

Since the start of Covid 19 both home canning supplies my wife buys for the noble purpose of feeding our family, and reloading supplies that I used to buy for the noble purpose of defending our family, have been equally hard to obtain.

We still have a huge stash of Ball and Kerr jars she bought thinking she’d not be able to ever buy any more ever again.

But I can’t buy small pistol primers from China or Taiwan or anyplace else or I would!

I already have enough ammunition loaded up to hold off Pancho Villa for six months, but you can’t ever have enough reserve ammo, you know?

Canning supplies are overstocked and there’s still an acute shortage of reloading supplies of everything but plastic shotgun wads.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Thanks for this... I kind of overstocked Ball Jar wide mouth lids while jars were constantly out of stock last year. I'm not concerned with heat so even if lids get tossed it may be worth a go.

Reactions: scloyd