PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
For some jars I cut the logo off the pouch. For most I ether print on paper from Cellar Labels or make up my own. Sometimes I will just use a label maker with plain text.

I don't glue the labels to the lids. I find they stay in place for the most part. I live in a dusty area so one thing I've started doing is I add a clear plastic insert over the paper label in the lid. It doesn't interfere with the seal and I like the look.

IMG_1788 (1).JPG

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
For some jars I cut the logo off the pouch. For most I ether print on paper from Cellar Labels or make up my own. Sometimes I will just use a label maker with plain text.

I don't glue the labels to the lids. I find they stay in place for the most part. I live in a dusty area so one thing I've started doing is I add a clear plastic insert over the paper label in the lid. It doesn't interfere with the seal and I like the look.

View attachment 132339
That's a nice display. What kind of box have you got those jars stored in?

Reactions: homesteader

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Anyone make their own custom labels?
IMG_6471.jpeg
For those who make their own labels and print them off for the tops of mason jars, what kind of glue do you use to attach them to the metal tops? I need something that is not going to crack off when it gets dry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I use Avery 22830 Glossy While Print-to-the-Edge 2-1/2" Round labels for the jar lids & Avery 8859 Glossy White Business Cards that I put inside the jar. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements to make up the graphics for both, & Microsoft Word templates from Avery to print them.

Mopiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2021
How in the world do I print them? I downloaded the template for 6. I dont know how to use it.

Morsoth

Lurker
Feb 27, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
I do a lot of Photoshop as a hobby, and I decided to design my own labels in a vintage style, so that it match the cabinet I made last month! I uploaded them on Cellar Labels - https://cellarlabels.com/

df1bwgf-3258bd78-4547-41f0-adb6-5797ce9bf295.jpg

df0skhq-5c9fdb8c-1879-4130-9453-0d02f95c6e08.png

• Love
Reactions: Zero and FLDRD

Bumble

Lurker
Nov 9, 2021
The tobacco manufacturer are no doubt aware that in many case their product will be jarred. Why not include a sticker for that purpose in the tin? Doesn't sound too costly, and will aure make the customers happy. Will also serve as a marketing tool.
KBV does offer a free 2" round printed label for the lids when you buy some of their tobacco. Wish more did this, but I have enjoyed making some of my own (if I don't like the ones already out there.

Morsoth

Lurker
Feb 27, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Tha

That is one sweet pipe and tobacco wall display unit. Where did you get it, if I may ask?
Thank you! I made it myself! I'm not a woodworker, but I'm artistic and decided to give it a try. It's not perfect (not every shelf are perfectly leveled) but I wanted something rustic looking and it works. I made a blueprint prior to build it, and you can find it here: Tobacco Pipes Cabinet Concept by Morsoth on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/morsoth/art/Tobacco-Pipes-Cabinet-Concept-903918557

The pipe cabinet is almost full now! My goal was to buy the 20 pipes I want (Tobacco Pipes - Collection Check List by Morsoth on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/morsoth/art/Tobacco-Pipes-Collection-Check-List-906899396) and then focus on tobacco blends.

The labels on the Mason jar are only taped with scotch tape on the lid, and once I decide on the 12 blends that I will likely smoke ever and ever again, I will print the labels on adhesive paper and stick it on the lid. I still can change the lid or the bottle, but it was simpler to go that route for now.