Mark Tinsky Pipes

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Harris had created an American pipe thread. It should still be around.
I have to let you know beforehand that I am contracted with Mark and Glenn to make their metalwork; star logos, bands, and windcaps. But, I wouldn’t have agreed if I didn’t believe in their product. I have two Tinskys and I have another on its way. My Tinsky bulldog is one of my favorites pipes. It smokes great, lightweight, and is a beaut.
Plus, Mark is a super nice guy, down to earth. I talk to him every other week, and I always look forward to it. He has awesome people skills.
555EBDFF-EAC4-4EC7-976A-72ECACFC819C.jpeg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Also why isn't there an American Pipes sticky thread?

Reactions: Jbyrd

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Over the years people on Forums have highly recommended Tinsky pipes. I don't own one, but nearly all of what I've heard about them is good.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
I don't have a Mark Tinsky, but I do have an early American Smoking Pipe Co. Cavalier made by his partner Curt Rollar. Excellent pipe, and I'd image they have only gotten better.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I've had a couple, still have one. They smoke good but there's a reason they're priced low. Fit and finish is mediocre. Not grossly so but if you compare his work to other Artisan carvers, you can see the difference.

+1. The ones that I have had smoked great right from the start. No break in (or very very little) required. He uses some great briar. The stems were all uncomfortable for my mouth and what I like but the one I kept has amazing sand blast grain and smokes so damn tasty that I keep it for a hand held at home. I just couldn’t part with it as it has a bigger chamber and as I said, the tobacco no matter what kind all has that “damn that’s good” factor. I recommend them.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
I picked up a Freehand Sitter made by American Smoking Pipe Co. at an estate sale for a cool $10. When I reached out to Mark, he said that, based on the logo, it was probably made no later than 1981. What a find! I wish it took a filter. Needs a little freshening up but is otherwise is terrific shape.