PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Sex after ten years of marriage...

should the wife know about it?
Seriously though, I have had a break though. This weekend at the bar I was puffing with two fellows I met who also were smoking pipes and my wife says "hand me your pipe." So I hand her my Cavicchi, packed with Balkan Sasieni and to my shock she starts to take a few puffs. This repeats a few times and finally she says "you should give me one of your pipes." I say "Better yet, I'll buy you your own." At first I was a bit leery as I did not want to get my hopes up unnecessarily but the next day we started looking at pipe shapes. Yesterday on a call while both of us were at work she tells me "I can't wait to smoke a pipe with you on the deck this weekend. I figure if I can't beat you I might as well join you." So in short, life is good. I never in a millions years thought I'd be able to share this hobby with her outside her tolerating it. :puffpipe:

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
You Lucky, Lucky Man.

My wife isn't quite there yet, but I am glad she tolerates me smoking the briar once in a while.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Very nice to hear that! My wife, Sylvia, has been smoking along side me for about 30 years, and it's been great. She hopes your wife finds it an enjoyable pastime too. (that's her in our avatar)

Cheers! :puffy:

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I once got my wife to try my pipe. She was a cigarette smoker for years to it was difficult for her to not inhale. She liked the taste but couldn't get the don't inhale part. So because she had quit smoking years ago but was feeling left out I took her down to the local VAPER place. Now she's getting frustrated because the teens and hipsters that work there haven't treated her very well. Now they do allow smoking so my plan is to walk in smoking a big old bowl of C&D Star of the East and plot my happy ass down with her at the counter and be like "ok we don't leave will all her questions are answered, and I can smoke this thing for 1.5 hours on one light sooo lets make with the answers" .

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Freakie, that is a youtube pipe video I would like to see. Set those bums straight.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Super cool, my brother. You get to help her share in your happiness as well as open her eyes to a whole new world of enjoyment. Homerun!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Sex after ten years of marriage...

should the wife know about it?
Well she should at least be able to form consent somehow. Or are you planning on going elsewhere?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very cool indeed!
My wife has always enjoyed my pipe smoking and has smoked with me occasionally for a while now. I don't mind her using my pipes but we've decided she should have a couple of her own. We are camping in Ohio next week and plan on visiting E A Carey's to buy her first pipe. She wants a Savinelli Clark's Favorite.

Very excited to buy her her first pipe! :D

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Andy, it's one of Rodney Dangerfield's classic jokes. I meant it only in jest and relation to the thread title. While Rodney was surely talking about sleeping around, my wife and I are quite happy and just about to hit our 10th anniversary.
Thanks all, it was quite a nice surprise. Orley that picture of you and Sylvia is great, may you enjoy many more together.
Very excited to buy her her first pipe! :D

I agree, it's a rush ordering her one. She has decided she wants a meer rose by Tekin.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Shares enthusiasms, not compromises, are the key, in my view, to a happy relationship. My parents have been married for 59 years, and they both love to golf. You and your wife are forging another powerful bond. This is a wonderful thing.

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
This is seriously awesome. Congrats on the breakthrough! May you and your wife have many, many, many happy smokes together!

guitrsnglocks

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2015
I've been smoking right on about 3 months now and my fiancé participates regularly. I'll be smoking and she usually say "mmm that smells good let me try some!" And I'll hand it over and she'll start puffing away. I too mentioned that she needs her own pipe and yesterday at work she sent me some pics of pipes shed been looking at. Stanwell and savinelli lol, so I guess she's already got good taste when it comes to pipes!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
My wife is so great. She supported and encouraged my beginning to smoke a pipe as she was quitting cigarettes.
Wow! U had a breakthrough a couple weeks ago when my wife actually drank a beer
Thirty years ago my son's first complete sentence was "Mama ate beer" It was so unusual he had to find a way to express it.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
Awesome story! Glad life (and wife) is smiling on you!
I've been married 25 years and she just "tolerates" my pipe as long as I stay outside. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.