PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Wallace, NC (near the coast)
I have the pleasure of smoking the oft revered Esoterica Margate. This treat was gifted to me by a wonder, kind forum member when I told how much I wanted to try it. He sent me almost a whole tin in a jar, and I was dumbfounded by the amount. And, believe it or not, another member is sending me MORE Margate. It pays to be honest and sincere on these sites. BS and the like will get you nowhere in this world!
The Margate was one of the most complex blends I've ever tried. A fine English blend true and true. The flavors were sophisticated, mild to med. in strength, and mellow. If it wasn't so hard to get it could pass-off as an everyday smoke. Similar to the G.L. Pease Westminister I smoke now. It has been aging since 2019, and though I cannot compare it to a freshly opened tin, I believe it has aged to a good smoking point. The leaves just had that look of nicely-meshed tobacco. They appeared to have "married" well. The ribbon cut glistened with prevalent oils as well. What a beautiful site to see. No tongue bite or hot burning either. This tobacco gave-off just the right attitude.
I'll close now about my experience with Esoterica's Margate, and hopefully you will get as lucky as me. Again, The Westminister is as close as I've come in flavor Best to all, LeRoy