PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Esoterica Dunbar in a brand new MM cob.
This is the 2nd cob I've ever owned. The 1st wasn't airtight and I was never really tempted to buy another until reading all the cob posts here.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
At the moment I have 24 and between moving, my ex-wifes kids and just plain bad luck I've lost at least another 12

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Dudley, how was your second cob?
I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Different, to say the least. It was pretty neat seeing the condensation form in the stem and that offered some perspective.
It's chambered for a filter and is the first time I've ever wondered if the draft was a little too wide. I also reckon that this pipe will take what I'd consider to be abusive packing in a briar.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Last bowl yesterday was Peterson's perfect plug, Wow!!! Now, PA in a MM cob with black coffee.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
McCranies St. Alban's Best - "A different type of Latakia blend that has more of a dark, stoved Virginia make-up. It's a good alternative to the traditional English blends. This one is easier to smoke all day long and has a wonderful taste for the educated palate."
McCranies New Bedford - "A blend of light matured Virginias that is transformed through pressure, aging and light stoving into a beautifully dark navy flake. Rich and rewarding without being as strong or stout as traditional dark flakes."

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
About to smoke some Best Brown Flake in a MM.
This will be the 2nd time smoking this pipe. I've taken the stem from an unfiltered Big Ben bent Dublin and stuck it into the MM and the tenon fits perfectly. A dry draw seems much better now and provides that little bit of restricted air flow that was missing.
If I become a MM fanatic, this Big Ben stem will do nicely until a Walker Briar Works stem can be bought.
Enough of that, now it's time to see how she smokes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
McClelland's 5100 Va. Red Cake mixed in a 10:1 ratio with C&D's Izmir blending oriental.

Very soft, smooth, and creamy version of sweet red Va.'s. A keeper recipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.