PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
A couple months back Smokertruck handed over a couple of estates that he'd picked up along the way. One was a Dunhill pot that had a nickel repair band, and the other was a CustomBilt-esque panel. Both had been ridden hard and put away wet. The stems were nearly blocked, and the bowls and shanks were well and thoroughly gunked up.
Now I don't charge for resto work for friends and guys in the pipe club. Helping mates clean up their old champions is part of my pipe-karma routine. So I tackled Smokertruck's refurbs and got to work.
As with everything I've tried to do this summer, the cleanup on these pipes took forever. I kept procrastinating on the clean up to prepare for our baby, deal with work fiascoes and get the house twisted around. Through all this, Smokertruck just pleasantly and happily waited. Too kind.
Last month, at our club night, I presented Smokertruck with his two pipes. Three retorts apiece later, both pipes were cleaned up and good to go. Well, Smokertruck reciprocated last night at our August club night. I now have a tin each of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls and Escudo to add to my cellar. Thanks Howard, you're a gem.
Here are some pictures of his finished pipes:

-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.