PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My man cave is my detached garage. Actually, it can't fit a car, even when we bought the house. One of my friends that helped us move stated that he felt bad for us. Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, he was a jerk. Anyway, I was getting very nice quarterly bonuses. I would come home and tell my wife, "My bonus will allow us to fix / replace this!" After about two years we fixed everything. During this time I acquired many tools. Once we basically fixed everything, my bonuses were cut drastically.

At that point, I had a all the tools I could need. The garage is full. I have a 3' path between the tools. I am perfectly content with my garage and tools. I have a chair to smoke in. I am content!

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Building in Florida in a major PITA With all the permitting required. Seems like you need to obtain a permit to allow you to apply for permits. Throw in some material shortages and the lead times, this was a much longer process than anticipated. But worth the wait.

The man cave is 12 x 24 and built onto the back of our Florida home. We installed an independent HVC system for both heat and ac. Haven't got much tobacco moved in yet, that will happen soon. It's very nice and comfortable, I feel very blessed. Credit goes to my wife who actually did 99% of the General Contacting work (planning and subcontractor selection). We were also very fortunate to have a number of her family members local who have crazy great building skills to help with a lot of the finish work, electrical and the HVC.

View attachment 138220

View attachment 138221
View attachment 138222View attachment 138223

View attachment 138224
That is sweet!!! Love the floors. But do those chairs swivel? I would have to be able turn and enjoy that natural beauty more than television.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

gemtx

Might Stick Around
Dec 20, 2020
Dallas, TX
Here in Texas, it's coming up Spring, so there is plenty of back-porch smoking by the pool. Still no room note. Also, I updated my pic; it's from the recent Grammys. Our piece won the Grammy. Lyle Mays' Eberhard. Amazing work. Best to all.

rorrer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2014
Lockhart, Texas USA
Here in Texas, it's coming up Spring, so there is plenty of back-porch smoking by the pool. Still no room note. Also, I updated my pic; it's from the recent Grammys. Our piece won the Grammy. Lyle Mays' Eberhard. Amazing work. Best to all.

Not to steal the thread here, but CONGRATULATIONS! Lyle Mays was a straight-up genius. Eberhard is an amazing piece of work. I'm listening to Street Dreams right now. :)
C.Rorrer

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy