PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I know youtubers talking about pipes are somewhat... well whatever.

There is something about Malcolm Guite his storytelling and his accent that I like.

I also like listening to Per Georg Jensen, but I don't know enough to comment on his words. I just like listening to him.

Reactions: Zero and Nevaditude

pattyblack

Lurker
Jun 1, 2023
I highly recommend buying the book of essays that features Reverend Dr. Malcom Guite's writing or buy book reports. His captivating literature readings are not only entertaining but also offer profound insights. Among the essays, there is one where he explores the topic of pipe smoking, which adds a unique flavor to his videos. For those who appreciate everyday things and enjoy enlightening reads, purchasing this book promises a delightful collection of diverse perspectives.

Reactions: edger and SBC

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
No one has the right to post lines from a copyrighted poem unless they own the copyright or have permission of the copyright holder. This isn’t me being cranky; it’s copyright law.

With the invention of World Wide Web and more so social media the copyright law has gotten questionable in many respects. I understand Mr. Bittners thoughts, I am earning my money by publishing text and photography in certain contexts too.

There are authors, artists, photographers, musicians etc, who want to get payed for publishing their work. And they’re right. Otherwise they couldn’t afford a living with what they’re doing.

On the other side there is the user, who wants to spread certain information in a way that suits our fast living times. And his attitude is that everything published in web is common property. In Europe they have been working on online copyright to strengthen the perspective of the content creators. A lot of contributions for example on You Tube had to be closed.

I would agree not to post things - exclusive contents - that are hidden behind a paywall. Not so when it comes to content, that is freely available all over.

In case of the poem I am glad to know now, what kind of poetry I don’t want to read. I didn’t like the sentimental approach of Malcolm G. very much.

hasser

Lurker
Jul 28, 2023
Smoke Rings From My Pipe, Malcolm Guite

All the long day’s weariness is done
I’m free at last to do just as I will
Take out my pipe, admire the setting sun
Practice the art of simply sitting still
Thank God I have this briar bowl to fill,
I leave the world with all its hopeless hype,
Its pressures, and its ever-ringing till,
And let it go in smoke rings from my pipe

The hustle and the bustle, these I shun
The tasks that trouble and the cares that kill,
The false idea that there’s a race to run,
The pushing of that weary stone uphill,
The wretched i-phone’s all-insistent trill,
Whingers and whiners, each with their own gripe,
I pack them in tobacco leaves until
They’re blown away in smoke rings from my pipe

And then at last my real work is begun,
My chance to chant, to exercise the skill
Of summoning the muses, one by one,
To meet me in their temple, touch my quill
( I have a pen but quills are better still)
And when the soul is full, the time is ripe
Kindle the fire of poetry that will
Breathe and expand like smoke-rings from my pipe

Seeking personal statement help online can be a game-changer in crafting a compelling and impactful statement. Online services offer access to professional writers who possess expertise in crafting personalized and persuasive statements for various purposes, such as college applications, scholarships, or job opportunities. They can guide applicants in showcasing their unique strengths, experiences, and aspirations, making their statements stand out among other applicants. The convenience of online platforms allows individuals to collaborate with writers from anywhere, saving time and reducing stress. However, it's essential to choose reputable services that prioritize authenticity and ensure that the final statement reflects the applicant's true self and goals.
Looks great to read!

Reactions: romaso