PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudshark

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
just wondering if you buy one of those bags in the shops (1 pounders for like 10 bucks i think), if you can put some drops of vanilla extract or whatever in them and let 'em sit for a month if they'll come out like the good stuff you can buy more expensive. i noticed the tobacco in these huge bags arent very moist.. actually pretty dry looking. can they be altered? and what about small shaving of dried up apple put in with the mix, would it work?
Edit: Moved to Pipe Smoking Basics & Beginner Questions, L.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Mudshark!
Rothnh is quite correct.

Bulk blends are the way to go if saving money is the object.

It will help to bear in mind that these blends are of higher quality and have already been "flavored" by competent blenders and using time tested techniques and will taste far better than the tobaccos made for the RYO market.

A good place to start would be with: Lane's 1Q and BCA

:puffy:

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
mudshark,
If I knew exactly what you bought, I could probably offer you some advice. If you want more info, post what it is you are smoking (name the product).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I picked up a bag of supposed "pipe tobacco" a week or so ago also. Got home opened it to find RYO tobacco. Shpuld have known better. They are trying to get past the tax by labeling as pipe tobacco. :-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.