SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
They look incredible and beautifully crafted. Although beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder. (They aren’t for me) ?

Beauty in definitely in the eye of the beholder! I actually wasn't super into bamboo accents in the beginning, preferred your classic English shapes: Billiards, Brandy, Lovats..

But slowly and slowly, these weird (almost gross!) looking bamboo is really growing on me.

- - -

Anyone else getting a Lobster vibe from this pipe?

I am smitten with this one - nice score.

Definitely, someone once called their hanging pipe with a bamboo bend their "Rollie Pollie pipe". LOL - I thought it was perfectly fitting. Bamboo is basically a plant's exo-skeleton right?

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I think it's not just the craftsmanship, it's evident that he is a superb carver, the architecture is impeccable, the bore perfect, how the pipe sits in your mouth and you enjoy it.

His designs and interpretations of classic forms are within the reach of very few, that is genius, without a doubt he has "duende" and he lets it come out in his magnificent creations.

The other day, chatting with him, I told him, Paolo Becker had "duende" in his designs, they were unmistakable and his pipes were wonderful. I think Nate has it, I told him "you are the American Paolo Becker" for me.

Jun 23, 2019
I think it's not just the craftsmanship, it's evident that he is a superb carver, the architecture is impeccable, the bore perfect, how the pipe sits in your mouth and you enjoy it.

His designs and interpretations of classic forms are within the reach of very few, that is genius, without a doubt he has "duende" and he lets it come out in his magnificent creations.

The other day, chatting with him, I told him, Paolo Becker had "duende" in his designs, they were unmistakable and his pipes were wonderful. I think Nate has it, I told him "you are the American Paolo Becker" for me.

Totally agreed, I'm a big fan of how he can make a pipe look, but I'm more of a fan of his stems!

- - -

These two beauties have been delivered to me and I've been working the "Bamboozled Troll Stoker" in - here's a pic of it whilst some Syrian Full Balkan is drying:

SoBCbZSl.jpg

I'm a huge bamboo fan and love watching them age. (Similarly I love a meerschaum too!)

Reactions: Gus and ofafeather