PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Hello,

I have been a cigar smoker for years, and am enjoying pipe smoking more and more. As with premium cigars, I don't understand the appeal of flavored tobacco, so my focus is on English blends. I am starting to realize that pipe tobacco has more flavor than even the best cigars. We will see where this leads!
Welcome from SW Ohio. I too am a long time and current stogie smoker. Your conclusion is dead-on. I do prefer the pipe more so nowadays. You are correct with respect to the standard aro;.s There are a few choice ones that I find amusing every now and then. Preference profile English #1, heady Burleys #2, and Virginias #3. There are some very nice cigar leaf blends that are entertaining out three; try John Patton's Storm Front for one. Smoking pipe tobacco is a completely different experience. Don't get me wrong I love my maduro and Sumatran based cigars but hands-down pipe tobacco is much more enjoyable.

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
Hello,

I have been a cigar smoker for years, and am enjoying pipe smoking more and more. As with premium cigars, I don't understand the appeal of flavored tobacco, so my focus is on English blends. I am starting to realize that pipe tobacco has more flavor than even the best cigars. We will see where this leads!
I enjoy pipes and cigars as well my friend. Welcome from another recently joined forum member!

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama
Status
Not open for further replies.