PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
After seeing @georged post one of his favorite pipes, I was inspired to take a shot at something similar and here is the result.

Demi-Mag1.jpg

Demi-Mag2.jpg

Demi-Mag3.jpg

Demi-Mag4.jpg

Demi-Mag5.jpg

Full set can be found here. Another Magnum'ish Pipe - pipemakersforum.com - http://www.pipemakersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12339

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Whether a pipe's size, shape, finish, and etc. appeals to someone is like anything else, from cars to whiskey to women. Taste rules.

Whether or not a pipe is well executed is an absolute, though. Every pipe ever made falls somewhere on a continuum that ranges from laughably bad to astonishingly precise.

This one lives way toward the right-hand end of that spectrum. Meaning, if you like the size, shape, and finish, you'll probably never find a better example. Stummel and stem are both perfectly cut, and all the details have been tended to.

Doug is coming up fast. Decades of tool and shop experience (in the automotive field) is finding bliss with his inborn love of dramatic shape, and wonderful things are appearing weekly.

If I was younger and considering which of today's new carvers to back, meaning subscribe to in a "right of first refusal" sort of way, he'd be it, I think.

Reactions: Crawley1066
Status
Not open for further replies.