PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryx109

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
Hello, I am currently stationed in Afghanistan and in between missions I have managed to carve my very first pipe. I have posted pics on my profile. I was wondering if any pipe makers out there would be willing give give me some feed back or perhaps notes. I really enjoyed making it as well as smoking it in my down time. I can not wait to create another "Deployment" pipe. Thanks for your input. -Jeremiah

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
jerryx109: Can't seem to find your profile. You may want to try to post the picture here. Instructions are in a sticky on the front page of the forum. I am not a carver, but there's some others out here who would be happy to give feedback/
Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.

jerryx109

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
Sorry I thought you just needed to click on my profile name to view pics. This should take you to my pics.
http://s1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/jerryx109/

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
That's awesome man. Thanks for your service and be safe! Glad you have something to do in your spare time!

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Thats a great looking pipe! I like the freehand shape and the little spires around the bowl from the way the briar block was naturally. Awesome. Looks like it could use a good waxing though, maybe?
Stay safe out there, and keep making pipes.

jerryx109

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
Thanks everyone. To the waxing of it I tried to wax it, I ordered a block of carnuba wax, however I only have a 4" felt buffing wheel attatched to a cordless drill lol, All I could round up. I can't wait to get a bench grider and put a real shine on her when I get home.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice work jerry! Looks like a good way to enjoy your down time over there. My only advice is keep making them and posting the pics for us here! :D We love pipe pictures especially right from the carver's hand.
Thanks for your service and keep safe.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Sharp looking pipe! Very nice work and to boot this is your first go at making one. Impressive! :puffpipe:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Here you go mate :)
582053_3393903286456_197549777_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.