PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
After seeing some of the wooden creations that Matt (Carolinachurchwarden) has posted, I thought I would give a shot at making something. As you can tell, I've discovered my true calling as a carpenter.
Yes I built this myself over several grueling minutes. Believe it or not this is not a high end vintage piece. I had some wood left over from various things and married them together into this one of a kind rack. I used two kinds of tape (duct and electrical), as well as twine. To my knowledge neither tape nor twine is used in other racks, so I guess you can call me a game changer if you like.
Thoughts?
:wink:
p_20190127_140332-600x450.jpg

p_20190127_140313-600x450.jpg

Reactions: Blembob

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Mike, as always your hidden talents amaze me. I'll be glad to do a commission pipe for you in exchange for one of those. You'll have to settle for some pictures on the wall from Latvia, though. I'm not moving that far for just one project. :) I can definitely pick up some honey-toned Minwax stain at Lowe's, though.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
That is awesome Mike. I like the color contrast of the tapes. How well does a Churchwarden fit?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Now that's a work of art Mike! You're a genuine master of your craft....whatever that craft might be! Keep up the great work and I'm sure we'll all be buying your racks off smoking pipes! Well, maybe ebay! :rofl:

Jan 8, 2013
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnng! Take... my... money... now! That is a true work of art! Fantastic! That's taking it to a whole new level! :clap: I'm giving it five out of five puffys :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Matt, I try. I can offer you some tips if you'd like :wink:
I'd appreciate that Mike! I'm always looking for ways to improve my woodworking skills! I never even considered that could be done by incorporating duct tape! I'm going to have to step up my game a bit! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.