PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jdb67

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
Someone I shall not name (but starts with Hoosier) recommended a certain place to buy decent cigars at auction and now I am in constant hot water with the Mrs for buying cigars one week and then a pipe tobacco order another. The thing I like about cigars is 1) mindless enjoyment 2) prodigious amounts of smoke. I certainly think cigars and pipes both have their place, but as someone else said, pipes are more of a solo, meditative thing for me where cigars are more social (not the smell, the company of others smoking them lol).

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jan 27, 2020
I will give you a Pass on the flavored cigar? Let's start with Oliva Serie V Lancero or Arturo Fuente Hemingway series (Between the Lines...Yum) Cameroon wrapper will do the trick.

Please recommend me some petite coronas that’s won’t break the bank. Had some Rocky Patel sun grown robusto yesterday that I enjoyed.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
If I had "screw you" money, I'd probably keep a stable of small vitola sticks around. As it is I smoke like two cigars a summer and call it good. My nicotine tolerance is low so that factors into my ambivalence.
I like the occasional cigar and keep a small humidor with about 20. My nicotine tolerance is low too, so I smoke filtered pipes for that reason. As to cigars, I actually use a tip that houses a 9mm filter. Cuts that nicotine down to size and for me I still can enjoy the flavors. The company is FESS that makes them.