PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

triprolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2009
TN
I didn't like the Vanilla Cream. Just didn't do it for me. I just tried the Mac Baren Seven Seas Royal recently. Very fruity upon opening the tin. Smoke it slow. Has a tendency to tongue bite but can be a mild smoke. I liked it but I can only smoke a couple of bowls before I have to give it a rest.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I still have'nt tried the 7 Seas Royal or the WO Larson but so far I still like my Altadis Blue Note.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Vanilla Creme was one of the first tobaks I ever tried... and I hated it then.

A few years later I brushed off the cobwebs off to try it again... still hate it.
Call me crazy but I have trouble tasting the vanilla, and it's possible that it might just be me. Also, this burns the devil out of my mouth.
Maybe I would have better luck with the loose cut??

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Vanilla Cream was my first "good" baccy. Before it, I'd had nothing but a rolling tobacco repackaged as pipe tobacco.

So I love it, quite a bit.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The MacB blends I've had do smoke a little warmer in the bowl, but haven't given me tongue bite at all. The 7 Seas Royal Blend is very good. Has a vanilla, rum, and caramel taste to it for me. It's a blend I'll smoke any time of the day. Itching to try the 7 Seas Red Blend when it eventually hits the shelves.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Tobacco tasting like dessert is not my cup of tea so to speak. Passed this tin to an aromatic lover after half a bowl. I don't like to post a negative comment, usually will just abstain from posting, but in this case I could'nt help myself.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
I recently tried Stanwell's Vanilla and I enjoyed it MUCH better than MacB's vanilla. Smoked much cooler, was more flavorful, and I actually did not have to relight, at all (that's rare for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.