PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Had some from the 2020 release today to refresh my memory as I hadn't had any in a couple months. Pretty good blend, though seems it's one of those you want to jar and age for a while to smooth out and unmuddle the second half of the bowl. I wouldn't rush out to splurge on yet another "limited edition" (I agree with @BROBS here - this blend is everywhere in Europe), but if some were still available when making my next tobacco purchase, I would absolutely grab a couple tins.

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Dude! What happened? Read through your old posts on this thread. You were like the Stockton fanboy. MacB was going to use your picture on the billboard for this release!
? I was thinking the same thing. Diversion tactic? Getting older and grumpier? Who knows, but 2020 BROBS convinced me to buy a tin. 2021 BROBS is making me second guess myself. I’ll just have to crack the tin and give it a shot.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
? I was thinking the same thing. Diversion tactic? Getting older and grumpier? Who knows, but 2020 BROBS convinced me to buy a tin. 2021 BROBS is making me second guess myself. I’ll just have to crack the tin and give it a shot.
It’s good but wasn’t the last one a limited release? I guess not so limited if they are going to keep releasing it.

I’m just salty because it used to be available in the US, everyday, also in LB bags. Then they pulled it due to lack of sales and now the limited releases sell out because before no one paid attention to the blend.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It’s good but wasn’t the last one a limited release? I guess not so limited if they are going to keep releasing it.

I’m just salty because it used to be available in the US, everyday, also in LB bags. Then they pulled it due to lack of sales and now the limited releases sell out because before no one paid attention to the blend.

I suspect it's not a big seller or SP would carry it. I bet SP could get it regularly, or at least more often, if they would commit to a high enough quantity. All suspicion, not facts to support that. But it makes sense since it is still regularly produced for the Euro market. It's been up all day and is still available so it apparently isn't all that popular.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I suspect it's not a big seller or SP would carry it. I bet SP could get it regularly, or at least more often, if they would commit to a high enough quantity. All suspicion, not facts to support that. But it makes sense since it is still regularly produced for the Euro market. It's been up all day and is still available so it apparently isn't all that popular.
I missed my opportunity when there were lbs and lbs of bags I could have ordered. Honestly at the rate I smoke it I’m probably set for life. I still have some of the Stockton I bought in 2017.

MAYBE @shaneireland could get Daughter's and Ryan to do this with PICAYUNE? I bet that would be an instant sellout..

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
So, today I received my usual SPC Email Newsletter, this time on Mac Baren Stockton, and the history aspects had me hooked.

—————-
Originally introduced in 1953, Stockton is a truly historic blend. It was among the first "roll cake" or spun-cut tobaccos produced under the Mac Baren name
—————-

I read a few reviews, one last year here done by Pipesmagazine, it all looked really nice.

So the question, is this really something special we should all be grabbing? ?

P.S. I have to admit the Limited Edition wording had me wondering, oh no, here we go again.., LOL ?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@alaskanpiper did you see that first review at SPC? LOL rotf

This sounds like a blend for you. :)

——————
This is definitely a man’s tobacco. If you wear flannel and cut down trees with an axe all day this is right up your alley. If you’ve ever fought off a grizzly with a Bowie knife...
——————

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I'm smoking a bowl of Stockton as I type this. It's quite good. Not something I'll go really deep in but definitely worth having 10 to 20 tins. If you like Club Blend and Dark Twist, you should like Stockton.

I haven’t smoked those.

I’m more of a VaPer smoker.

I recently bought a tin of C&D House Reserve and G.L.Pease Windjammer, I’ve been enjoying those. I’m assuming Stockton would be something similar.

Ken Byron also sent me a sample of Eldritch Pipes - The Patience of Dr. Silence, I’m Smoking as I type this, quite nice too.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
@alaskanpiper did you see that first review at SPC? LOL rotf

This sounds like a blend for you. :)

——————
This is definitely a man’s tobacco. If you wear flannel and cut down trees with an axe all day this is right up your alley. If you’ve ever fought off a grizzly with a Bowie knife...
——————
Hahaha. Well, replace Bowie knife with .300 win mag and that checks out! I got a tin of the last release. It’s good but not anything I’d go deep on.

Status
Not open for further replies.