Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 14, 2024
United States
The HH range is superb. A luxury to be able to enjoy today, of this mythical brand.
This comment brings up a point I think of often (and one that others have already mentioned before). For all the longing expressed over discontinued blends, we have more incredible items available right now in this moment than ever before, and that seems to apply in some measure most anywhere. (For example, HH may not be available for retail in the UK, but they can get Revor Plug, which folks in the US are drooling over.)

It often makes me wonder which current blends will be pined for and considered legendary when they're gone. What's the "McClelland Christmas Cheer" or "Esoterica Penzance" of today?

I've only had HH Pure Virginia, but it was very good. Good enough that it makes me want to try every blend in that line at least once. The Vintage Syrian sounds like the best example of pure Syrian Latakia (which I'd love to try before it's no longer on Earth), which of course places it highest on my list, but that list is long enough in the HH line alone to pad a cellar nicely.

We're lucky indeed to be in this era of pipe smoking.