PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Let's posit for a brief moment, the remote possibility that this announcement isn't the result of too much glue sniffing by YouTube pundits.

What, exactly, would be the benefit to pipe smokers? I can see the benefit to a tobacco company who will use the name to sell whatever crap product they shove in a tin. But, what would be the benefit to pipe smokers.

The contents won't be McClelland tobaccos, just a substitute. The processing that created their style was overseen by Mike McNeil and he's not running the pipeline.

What level of ignorance makes this out to be a good thing in any way other than as exploitation? Even if McClelland tins were to show up on shelves, McClelland tobaccos are over and finito.

Why can't some people just grasp this simple fact?

Are people really that desperate, pathetic and just plain dumb?

I just don't get it.

I suppose I should be nicer about this, but I'm just tired of this BS over and over and over and over, like another mutation.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Let's posit for a brief moment, the remote possibility that this announcement isn't the result of too much glue sniffing by YouTube pundits.

What, exactly, would be the benefit to pipe smokers? I can see the benefit to a tobacco company who will use the name to sell whatever crap product they shove in a tin. But, what would be the benefit to pipe smokers.

The contents won't be McClelland tobaccos, just a substitute. The processing that created their style was overseen by Mike McNeil and he's not running the pipeline.

What level of ignorance makes this out to be a good thing in any way other than as exploitation? Even if McClelland tins were to show up on shelves, McClelland tobaccos are over and finito.

I just don't get it.

I suppose I should be nicer about this, but I'm just tired of this BS over and over and over and over, like another mutation.
Did you enjoy DUNE?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

I just don't get it.

nope they just don't know what goes into making the things they use and enjoy. That is all. Though some people don't know the joy of this song, which means the stupid thing applies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.