PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peace

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
Just read your review. As a fervent Captain Black White smoker, after reading your review, I must try it!!!!!

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
That is why I am so excited I am a lane 1Q lover. Mac baren was my first buy for pipe tobacco navy PlumCake to be exact so I am excited to get back to them.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Thanks for the great review Bob.This just might out-do my favorite,Captain Black.Sounds to me like a must-try.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I thank you for the review Bob! I really want to try these blends, but I already have an order worked up with pipesandcigars.com, and they don't have them yet!

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I just finished trying the regular and it was great. From start to finish a fine quality smoke. next stop the gold version.

peace

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
Bob, I'm a Captain Black White smoker, and yesterday after reading your review, I ordered some through smokingpipes.com. I'm in Canada though so it might be over a week before I receive it, but as soon as I try a couple of bowls, I'll write my opinion.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Good review Bob. From what member Duncan says in his review, apparently both Royal and Regular feature chocolate coffee raisin flavors; and most notably, a lack of bite. Mac Baren's reputation for bite-prone blends might be well-deserved, I dunno; but it looks like this blend will go a long way toward dispelling that notion.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
With smoking Regular after I tried the Royal I noticed they were very similar. Royal seemed a bit richer than regular, but that is just my take on it.

rusco135

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
My local tobacconist stocks MB Golden Blend and Plumcake at R60.00/50gr (about $9.00)?! I guess I won't be trying their 7 Seas for some time?! But I'll ask him to talk to our local importers??

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Well after trying all 3 blends here are my rankings
1. 7Seas Golden (almost identical to 1Q)

2. Royal (nice rich blend with wonderful flavors)

3. Regular (a mild smoke with great flavor)
I can't wait till my B&M get's this stuff in bulk I will be alternating Golden with 1Q for the mild differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.