Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
For a budget friendly option there is also Ropp.

Here is just one example from Smoking pipes.com that has a smaller chamber:
I have a J08 and it's a great little pipe.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Mike Billington of Blakemar Briars makes a Sir Douglas pipe in honor of Sir Douglas Bader, a legless Sptifire pilot during WW2, and it's very compact(my guess is it fit well in the pocket of his flight suit). Sort of a stubby lovat, and I am smoking one as I type. Great smoke in honor of a great but controversial man!

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
I'd go for a Rattray’s Misfit or Outlaw (definitely more comfortable stem on the latter), they're good for about a 20-30 minutes smoke. Their small sizes makes them perfect for a smoke on the go.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

As spring is coming (no, not winter...), also the walks during my lunchbreak are on the horizon again.

As a noob (I get 2 cobs in the mail, 5th avenue bends) i'm also looking for a smaller pipe I can smoke on my 30 minute lunchbreak walk. I do get that I could also smoke the cobs during those walks, but if I can find a reason to burn money on new stuff just because I can, I will do it!

A smaller bent billiard like the Savinelli 614 attracts me, especially as it looks like a great clencher for walking, but I also understand that a full bend pipe is a little tricky to smoke due to moisture collection in the bottom of the pipe.

So any advise on a small clenching pipe for walking is appreciated!

Besides other cobs smaller than the 5th Avenue, there are lots of great smaller pipes that fit what you're looking for & are really budget friendly: Ropp Etudiant, Rossi Piccolo, & Savinelli Petite

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

As spring is coming (no, not winter...), also the walks during my lunchbreak are on the horizon again.

As a noob (I get 2 cobs in the mail, 5th avenue bends) i'm also looking for a smaller pipe I can smoke on my 30 minute lunchbreak walk. I do get that I could also smoke the cobs during those walks, but if I can find a reason to burn money on new stuff just because I can, I will do it!

A smaller bent billiard like the Savinelli 614 attracts me, especially as it looks like a great clencher for walking, but I also understand that a full bend pipe is a little tricky to smoke due to moisture collection in the bottom of the pipe.

So any advise on a small clenching pipe for walking is appreciated!
Perhaps the wee Carolina Gent cob from MM. I very much enjoy the one I bought. Carolina Gent Corn Cob Pipe - CornCobPipe.com

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I tried the Cob this afternoon and actually found them perfect for my lunchbreak, so I'll keep that as my lunchbreak pipe. It is indeed interesting most post their favorite pipe and that's allright, as you wouldn't advise anyone to pick something you dont like yourself. Or you must really dislike that person ?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
Have you considered a clay pipe? It may not be as esthetically pleasing or as sophisticated looking as a nice briar, but will get the job done. I was faced with the same problem and got the idea while I was watching "The Lost Pirate Kingdom" on Netflix where the character Benjamin Harnigold always had a little clay pipe in his mouth, so I ordered this one:Screenshot_20210317-122106_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: The Clay King