PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I love this time of year. I sit out on the patio and listen to the ballgame on the radio and smoke a pipeful. I especially like my Nording Black Grain pipe. The large bowl takes me right into the 6th inning.

Mar 1, 2014
Unfortunately prime-time just ended here, the Mosquitoes are out in full force.

April-May and September-October (and any warm days in March or November) are the most worry free months of the year, the bugs are dead but everything else isn't completely frozen.

I did just get a nice mesh jacket that might allow me to smoke a pipe, if I can figure out how to do that through the netting without letting the invaders in.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Interesting, I've always found that a thick cloud of smoke keeps the pesky little buggers at bay on a calm day. Of course I'm not sitting round in my underwear, on the patio listen to a ball game. Not that any of you would do such a thing. Long sleeves and long pants are the uniform of the day in mosquito country up here.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Pretty lucky here in south central PA. Not many mosquitos. Or fleas. I have no idea why.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Right now we have 40 mph winds, not a mosquito in sight! And we do have a ball game and BB game up for watching, and enough breeze through the house so I may be able to smoke on the couch without upsetting my wife.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Here, here! We are having a wonderful warm summer in Metro Detroit, and I've ordered a cheap CD player to accompany me when I sit at night at the picnic table with a variety of pipes and listen to the rhythms of the Jefferson Airplane. Grand. Fortunately there are no puddles of sitting still water in my area, so no mosquitoes to breed in.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
It's still prime porch time where I am. For those of you lucky enough to have a porch, install a ceiling fan. Between the breeze from the fan and the smoke from my pipe, mosquitoes are rarely a problem.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
Have not had to many bugs here yet and the weather has been great. I'm an outside smoker so this is a perfect time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.