PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
I collect Kirstens. I have a purpose-made display. It now has a hole in it. Thankfully, I might find a replacement eventually, thankfully it's not a one-of-a-kind item. The other two I've lost in the past, one was really irreplaceable, and it's extremely unlikely that I'll find an affordable example of the other, but this one I might realistically be able to replace. Fell out of my pocket while I was on a long, long walk in an unfamiliar area.

I hope everyone else is having better luck lately.

3nyFONE.jpg

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
losing thing sucks - part of life - nothing worse than losing actual cash - you check your pocket and it's literally gone only to turn your back and retrace your steps - then you see other items like a drivers license and receipts on the floor behind you - gut wrenching:cry:

C

carolinasmokes

Bummer! Have you retraced your steps from that walk? Worth a try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm glad the lost pipe is replaceable. Lost items always seem to grow in value as they remain lost. To someone who is not a collector, it looks like you have a bountiful group of your favored brand, and a fine rack for them too.

jonasclark

Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
I wish I knew where it could have gone, but retracing my steps isn't really possible. I was deep in conversation with a friend. Just a week or so ago, I had that silver Esquire (2nd from left at the bottom) on a walk in the woods and suddenly felt it was a lot lighter. The body had wiggled free of the stem somehow! Then, I walked back about twenty feet and found it on the ground.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I wish I knew where it could have gone, but retracing my steps isn't really possible. I was deep in conversation with a friend. Just a week or so ago, I had that silver Esquire (2nd from left at the bottom) on a walk in the woods and suddenly felt it was a lot lighter. The body had wiggled free of the stem somehow! Then, I walked back about twenty feet and found it on the ground.
Maybe you can hang up some posters asking people to return the pipe if they found it?

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just lost an especially enjoyed match box cover in metal that my wife gave me as a gift, from the N.C. Museum of art. Oddly, it was lost just as we were trying to find a bottle of prescription pills for her, which turned up in a tote where she'd put it. I'm very habitual about keeping track of the match box; it stays in a specific pocket or beside a pipe rest. A Catholic friend advised us to pray to St. Anthony for lost objects. Usually, my wife misplaces and I retrieve, so this is frustrating. The Buddhists say, "You have not lost (the object); you are looking for yourself."

Reactions: fightnhampster

Jerry144

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2021
Sorry to hear about that! Losing something like that just sucks.

Kirsten are interesting pipes though. I had not heard of them. There are several on ebay.

jonasclark

Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
That's the Designer model. Silver stem, black (probably vulcanite) mouthpiece, bulldog bowl. Big pipe that balances nicely. The bottom right pair in my photo at top are Designers.