PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
You may have misplaced it. Couple of years ago I was gonna cut some loehangeing branches, looked all over for,my telescoping Manual pole saw, last year cutting grass with my zero turn mower I cut around an oak tree and looked up, there was my pole saw standing up in the valley of a tree limb. Of course I’m an old fart and can attribute it to old age. rotf rotf puffy

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Very sorry for your loss... great excuse to buy a new one! I do hope it turns up for you though. It’s like we build a relationship with our pipes so I understand how frustrating it would be if I lost one.
That's the spirit! Just buy another! While you're at it, buy five! Don't get suckered into buying artisan, either. You can get 5 estate Savs for the same money that will smoke just as well as the big ticket object.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I'm already thinking a new brigham or maybe an estate peterson/sav, I think ill go for a straight pot/billiard style. Peterson 606 straight pot is awesome, little out of my price range though, Brigham 2 dot billiard is peak for what I think I'm willing to spend but its so iconic and my other two brighams are really good smokers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Buddhists have a saying: You are not looking for your (pipe), you are looking for yourself. Finding stuff is an art. I usually start by blaming someone else. Of course with a toddler or a pet, you may be right, but don't assume that. A mental search often turns the trick, but you have to do this in a non-stressed way; just let your mind roam over the possibilities over a day or three, when you feel receptive. Oddly, sleep is often an ally, not dreaming where you lost something, but as a way to clear the slate and open your mind. Another trick is using your eyes. Don't look where you want, or where you think it is, but all around at the possibilities. You often see a lost object somewhere you didn't expect, not where you logically project. Before I finally got it re-sized, I kept losing my wedding ring. Someone else found it in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator; my hand was cold and that made it slip off, I guess. After months, I finally found it in the inside pocket of a sports jacket where I'd reached for something. I am able to help my wife find her lost items to the degree that she calls me The Finder, but obviously I need this for myself as well. Happy hunting.

JPremo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Viva Las Vegas
This is exactly why I've been reluctant to get an Old Boy. I've lost 3 zippos and plenty of smaller lighters in my time and I think I'd be a bit more upset if I misplaced a Corona lighter!

It's always a good excuse for pipe shopping I suppose, I hear Peterson has that new special blast grade...

Reactions: kurtbob

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Sorry about your pipe. You mentioned Brigham a few times and I have to add that my Brigham pipes are some of my best. You really can't go wrong with them

• Love
Reactions: kurtbob