PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Well, I've been very frustrated this last while. I go through phases with smoking pipes, im in one now for the first time in a while, and sometime during the last couple months, my favourite, at least one of my favourites, and certainly my main smoker went missing. I have checked everywhere it could be and I've begun to think it's actually gone. Very frustrating. All my other pipes are accounted for, even my corn cobs.

It was a new old stock (very old stock) Graco I bought from smoking pipes around 8 or 9 years ago or so. It was stock found in a factory or old store in Germany or somewhere in Europe, I think theyd it was as old as few decade, i kind of forget the details. It was a straight billiard, in b lack sandblast, but done VERY well, I usually am not a fan at all of sandblast, this one was soo cool, I'd say it was my most used, smoked very well.

Anyway, I'm just lamenting my loss, life goes on, my two Brighams are now my main smokers.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I have a toddler, I have a fear that I left it accessible and he dumped it in the garbage can, because he loves playing with the garbage can and ive caught him playing with a different pipe of mine i left out once. I hope that's not the case but it could be.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Sorry to hear that. I rarely take my nicer pipes away from my house for more or less that same reason. The furthest they travel is to the front porch or the back patio. There are exceptions, but not many. I've got some knockaround pipes that do the trick just fine.

Reactions: Casual and kurtbob
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I have a toddler, I have a fear that I left it accessible and he dumped it in the garbage can, because he loves playing with the garbage can and ive caught him playing with a different pipe of mine i left out once. I hope that's not the case but it could be.
My son used to do that with stuff. Thankfully neither of my kids had a fascination with flushing random objects down the toilet. That’s a common (and potentially costly) one.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Sorry to hear that. I rarely take my nicer pipes away from my house for more or less that same reason. The furthest they travel is to the front porch or the back patio. There are exceptions, but not many. I've got some knockaround pipes that do the trick just fine.
I only have two nicer pipes they are also my most expensive at $40 a piece