PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
By the way, the Peterson Belgique is a nice little pipe. I have the rusticated version, and for a short smoke, or a longer smoke with flake, plug, or rope, and for sampling or testing extra strong tobacco, it's just the ticket. Most pipes are of a size to be misplaced without some attention to them, so I don't think the Belgique is any more loss prone than other pipes. I like a range of sizes in pipes. Each has their purposes.

I can lose things, but my wife is more prone to misplace her address book, glasses, keys, etc., and considers me a pretty good finder. Usually, I'm just helpful, but occasionally I'm pure magician.
I usually lose track of the Belgique just because I smoke it more than my other pipes for all the reasons you stated above. Plus it's light, effortless to clench, good for a quick smoke, or while doing yard work, etc. It's my utility pipe. Also, I got mine cheap. (SP must have accidentally priced it at 50% off because it was only $38 dollars new.) It's my most used and abused pipe for sure. I've burned a lot of Dark Birdseye and Kendal Kentucky in it.

Anyway, it'll turn up.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I recently lost my Czech, that was an insult all by itself. The last thing I lost was a wallet with 30 Eurobucks in it, when I was about 14 years old. I might lose anything including my life but I'll never lose a pipe, no matter how cheap it was.
I might handle and break them like the brute I am but I'll never lose 'em. I'll take them all the way down to my grave and I'll smoke them long atfer I have gone. That much I know.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
FOUND IT! Sitting on top of one of my audio monitors in my office studio. I guess I must've put it there for some unfathomable reason.

This week, I also found a full box of blending tobaccos that I'd misplaced at least a year ago. I'd been deliberately searching for it for months. The jars were in an open flat with another box full of cabinet hardware sitting on top of them. How clever of me (?). I was starting to think I had gremlins in the house, but, as always, the gremlin is me (probably combined with a good dose of Bourbon). 🤣

Now I can compare the C&D Dark Burley from around 3 years ago with the recent production. I'd given up on finding that box and ordered another 4 ounces of that one. The new batch tastes pretty different. Glad to have my Izmir back too!!! Finally finding that box was like an early Christmas gift. What joy!

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
FOUND IT! Sitting on top of one of my audio monitors in my office studio. I guess I must've put it there for some unfathomable reason.

This week, I also found a full box of blending tobaccos that I'd misplaced at least a year ago. I'd been deliberately searching for it for months. The jars were in an open flat with another box full of cabinet hardware sitting on top of them. How clever of me (?). I was starting to think I had gremlins in the house, but, as always, the gremlin is me (probably combined with a good dose of Bourbon). 🤣

Now I can compare the C&D Dark Burley from around 3 years ago with the recent production. I'd given up on finding that box and ordered another 4 ounces of that one. The new batch tastes pretty different. Glad to have my Izmir back too!!! Finally finding that box was like an early Christmas gift. What joy!
It's not gremlins, it's Bad Dobby .
So better keep an eye on your socks too :)
Our Dobby probably got my BW pipe.

Reactions: Winnipeger

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
It's not gremlins, it's Bad Dobby .
So better keep an eye on your socks too :)
Our Dobby probably got my BW pipe.
I'm sure your Weaver will magically appear as soon as you stop looking for it @orlandofurioso. Or maybe not. Have you tried calling its name? Helps when I lose my keys.

I think my sock problem has more to do with The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Hoping Santa will bring me a new pair for Christmas.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Never lost a pipe. They usually stay in their boxes if I’m not smoking those particular ones, my pipe rack on the wall or my little 4 pipe stand on the bookshelf. However I’m still waiting for my 1st Edition Holographic Machamp Pokemon card to show up after losing it at a roller rink night in 5th grade.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon

Glad it finally turned up for you!

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Turning the place upside down for the one unsmoked Bruce Weaver pipe I was to sell on the forums.
Damn, only 50 boxes and 1499 pipes to go and messing up the place. I kid you not.
Found it, found it !
Took me only 2 full time days to retrieve it from the umpteenth box .
Will probably be for sale on the forums soon :

Bruce Weaver Corndog pipe 01.jpg